Quantcast

Design a T-shirt for Evomo and some cash and shiznit

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
http://evomo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/mainpic_evomo_tshirtcontest09.jpg

design a t-shirt for Evomo and you could win some shiznit..
Grand Prize Winner gets over $400 in cash and merch…

* $100 CASH
* 10 Free shirts of the printed winning design
* Winner’s design will debut at the Sea Otter Classic
* Winner’s design will be sold exclusively through Evomo.com
* 3 Free Evomo shirts from our store
* 1 Free Evomo Team FlexFit Cap
* Fame…
* Ladies… (or dudes)
* and of course you can say…

“I brought some mad rukus for Evomo.” Now thats some serious street cred money can’t buy!

There will also be 2 runner up prize packs.
Click here to read the rules and submit your design…

Deadline for entries is Sunday, March 22!

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
I rode with gonefirefightn in LA a week or two ago and he has moved up to Oregon, Ashland I think!

apparently he rides every day right from his back door...

he will be at otter in 4 weeks... as will Evomo. We'll have the rider lounge in full effect... stop by.

Hey E, where the hell is gonefirefightn?

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
we hear ya, we respect your argument...
BUT - this is just a fun contest so the prize is the prize and we feel its pretty fair considering we aren't asking for hours and hours of work... although its up to the artist and how good they want to make their entry. If you spend 1 or 2 hours designing up something and if you win thats definitely not a bad hourly rate.

can haz royalties?

i rate this thread a giant fail for artist rights.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Let me know if you want the final design printed with ecologically friendly inks and processing, or if you want to go with a standard printing techniques because you hate the environment.

:D

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I rode with gonefirefightn in LA a week or two ago and he has moved up to Oregon, Ashland I think!

apparently he rides every day right from his back door...

he will be at otter in 4 weeks... as will Evomo. We'll have the rider lounge in full effect... stop by.
Have him PM me if ya would.

Also, I have one of your team jerseys. Are you thinking of a similar theme or are you looking for something new?

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
gonefirefightn just called me and said he dont have no internets at his po-dunk house cause he been spendin all his coin on hookers and blow.

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
Do you retain any legal rights of use over NON winning entries?

yes, as per the contest terms and rules. if your design is choosen, we own the rights to it and compensation is the prize money and merchandise. the reality is since one of our contest requirements is that you have to include "evomo" and/or our logo mark in your design, you wouldn't be allowed to use the design for anything else anyway since Evomo Inc. owns the trademark to "evomo" and the logos.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
yes, as per the contest terms and rules. if your design is choosen, we own the rights to it and compensation is the prize money and merchandise. the reality is since one of our contest requirements is that you have to include "evomo" and/or our logo mark in your design, you wouldn't be allowed to use the design for anything else anyway since Evomo Inc. owns the trademark to "evomo" and the logos.
Not what he asked.

What he asked is if you retain the rights to entries that you DO NOT pick as the winning entry, ie if I submit a design, and you choose I Are Baboon's design, will you retain the rights to my design. That is what he is asking.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Not what he asked.

What he asked is if you retain the rights to entries that you DO NOT pick as the winning entry, ie if I submit a design, and you choose I Are Baboon's design, will you retain the rights to my design. That is what he is asking.

Correct sir. :D

I have no intention of entering myself as I am careful about intellectual property rights of my designs, as I like making money from them and get irate if anyone alters them.

But I thought it best to have it pointed out in plain language for Designer Newbies that the relinquish all rights to the design the moment it's entered.
And lets face it most folks wouldn't read thru the gobbledygook as presented by EVOMO's legal people.

Oh I see buried in the conditions that I'm banned from entering anyway lol (non US citizen). :plthumbsdown:

evomo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2008
Los Angeles
sorry i did misread your question about NON winning entries.
yes, to answer your question. The terms are any entry submitted to the contest is becomes property of evomo. pretty much standard issue legal jargon per our consultant who setup the contest for us.

* i didnt realize something as simple and fun as a t-shirt design contest would raise so much rukus!

we have about 40 entries as of today.
good luck to those who dont mind a chance at $100 and a bunch of free merch!

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
sorry i did misread your question about NON winning entries.
yes, to answer your question. The terms are any entry submitted to the contest is becomes property of evomo. pretty much standard issue legal jargon per our consultant who setup the contest for us.

* i didnt realize something as simple and fun as a t-shirt design contest would raise so much rukus!

we have about 40 entries as of today.
good luck to those who dont mind a chance at $100 and a bunch of free merch!

It is simple but there is a lot going on that suppresses the rights of the artist. It is not just your contest but every single one out there that pretty much get free design work for a small prize.

After reading into the terms and conditions a little more, I unfortunately will have to back out. If you need some artwork please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to work with you.

Good luck and it is good to hear that you already have 40 contestants, best of luck to them all. I can't wait to see the winning design.