Quantcast

Design/Art Monkeys

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
:biggrin:

I'll make the minor revisions we talked about and get the revised files out to ya. I figured Carquest was a major sponsor, so I tried to keep their logo above the "Camelbak cul-de-sac" as I call it.

Like Santa Cruz did here:

You may want to advise your printer of this as well.

:cheers:

Edit: My pack still had 30 oz of water and a jug of booze in it that day, so it was "pullin'"
Excellent thought! Thanks again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I have a lot of respect for typography but haven't quite developed an eye for it yet.

It's probably similar to quickly noticing the difference between a well designed, handmade piece of jewelry and a hacked mall turd.

My studio neighbor is a calligrapher and graphic designer. He's been giving me some pointers and showing me a little about typography, really cool guy.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Stinky: Hey baby wanna see a kinky font?
Female: Oh stinky, you know your fonts make me way horny!
Stinky: This one is going to blow your mind...
Female: Oh stinky, give it to me, I want to use the crap out of that font.
Funny, but you're doing it wrong.

It shows them that you really care, and doing something so personal for them makes them moist every time they're typing in their own handwriting,

All I have to do is show up and close the deal...

Fuq, now TreeSaw is gonna hate me for disclosing clever ManFacts. :disgust1:

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
My studio neighbor is a calligrapher and graphic designer. He's been giving me some pointers and showing me a little about typography, really cool guy.
Just be aware of your surroundings. You're surrounded with good and bad type at all times. Being on a bike is awesome for that, and do your best to look at letterforms, letter spacing and what looks great. I stopped in my tracks at Safeway when I saw the new Pepsi logo. It's gotten some heat from designers, but I love it and bought a 2 liter just to look at it some more.

Most of the time, pleasing the masses works without them knowing it. Again, like the Got Milk campaign.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I'm a font freak and a lover of great typography and have over 240,000 fonts in my collection. A young designer at work has been begging me for them, but it took me 23 years to collect them so I dole them out as needed... :biggrin:

It's too bad that I have to hobble along until someone makes a type management program that works awesome...
Danm dude. I have like 10,000 and I thought I was crazy. I think I keep like 200 of them turned on. All the others almost never get used.

Good font management system = Font Agent.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
:whew:

Hey T, I trust you got the revised art I sent yesterday morning.
Ha!

Times is a great family, but I have spent several days looking through fonts to do a headline justice, but it's awesome when you find one. Like the Got Milk campaign, no one had ever heard of the font Phenix until then...

Oh, and the font that was used in the Obama campaign is called Gotham, and I have been over using it before he did.

Know your limits. Ha!
Cool headline font... if you want serifs = Waldstein. I've been diggin it lately. Horrible body copy though.

Sanserif = Frutiger, all day long, for anything. Been my standby for 10+ years. Just cant get tired of it. I use it more than Helvetica even.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
LOL I just rep'd him for Frutiger... that's always a good standby.

250,000 fonts? Damn... font envy. I use Suitcase Fusion and have been pretty happy with it.
Yep... you know the old publication typesetting saying, "when in doubt, use Caslon". Well my sanserif saying goes, "Who are you kidding, just use Frutiger."

I have had issues with Suitcase Fusion turning fonts off by itself. Got pretty annoying which is why I researched to find a flawless app. Every review I read said Font Agent Pro was great and so far it's been flawless (3 + years of flawless).

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
With or without changing BB? :brows:

You get the point though.
With, but it's external bearing so it's not that bad. Still you gotta boot up the computer and export PDFs... wait sorry, got mixed up... I meant to say grease the threads and use the Shimano BB tool. ;)

Yeah, I get the point. Rebuilding a fork is like doing a clipping path on a family of porcupines.

Last edited: