Quantcast

desperately seeking brake cable...

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
anyone got a spare brake cable lying around for a hayes G2 (HFX-9) caliper? the one on the gemini is hosed, and if i order one, it won't be in for like a week...

if you have one to spot me, i'll go ahead and order the other one and give that to you when it gets in...

pretty please? i want to ride the shed this weekend!

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
kirstin said:
anyone got a spare brake cable lying around for a hayes G2 (HFX-9) caliper? the one on the gemini is hosed, and if i order one, it won't be in for like a week...

if you have one to spot me, i'll go ahead and order the other one and give that to you when it gets in...

pretty please? i want to ride the shed this weekend!
the RM-9 is still in pieces from Blue Knob. sent my shock back to Fox and it won't be back for another week or so.
how bout i just let you borrow my cable/caliper/lever assembly. BUT... it must be returned at the end of the day :)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Animal Mother said:
the RM-9 is still in pieces from Blue Knob. sent my shock back to Fox and it won't be back for another week or so.
how bout i just let you borrow my cable/caliper/lever assembly. BUT... it must be returned at the end of the day :)
that would work... you gonna be there sunday, though? cause i can't make it on saturday :(

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
K -- I can probably lend you a brake on Sunday if you want -- are you sure your hose is hosed? On the older G1s you could just shorten it and re-attach with a new compression olive, and iirc yours is leaking right at the very end. If it's one of those press-fit dealios then I guess you need a whole new one, that's sh*tty though.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
you can use a hose and lower fittings from the gen 1 calipers, go and get a new hose and lower fittings, just make sure you leave enough hose for the 90 fitting at the end. A-1 will have everything you need. that way you are not stuck with the pressed fit crap. I had done this on mine and it worked fine...until the crappy bladder blew. hope that helps

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
DßR said:
K -- I can probably lend you a brake on Sunday if you want -- are you sure your hose is hosed? On the older G1s you could just shorten it and re-attach with a new compression olive, and iirc yours is leaking right at the very end. If it's one of those press-fit dealios then I guess you need a whole new one, that's sh*tty though.
hrm, i'll have to look into that... thanks for the tip! otherwise, i may just hit you up for that cable :)