Quantcast

Developing/Printing digital photos

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok all you photo people out there I got a question for ya.

I have about 800 digital photos from our wedding I want to have printed up. What is the most economical way to do this.
At our local RiteAid it's like 19cents/photo so I'm looking at $152. Are photo printers worth the $ after you get done buying paper and ink?

How do you guys do it?
Is there a place online who will print and ship cheaper?

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
If they are just snapshots you can go with Walmart (12 cents ea.) or Sam's Club (9 cents I think). You can upload them through their websites for in store pickup or take them in on cd and have them in an hour.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I use Snapfish. They give you a signup incentive, like 20 or 50 photos free.

Quality is excellent, $0.12/print, and mailed to your door. I've gotten probably 400 prints from them so far.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I have a nice photoprinter and no it is not qworth it, besides the time, the cost turns out being way more, a printer is nice for imediate results for 1-10 pictures. when I have a bunch of pictures to print I upload them to snapfish.. If you pre-buy in bulk ( something like 150 photos , they can be as cheap as $.15 ea. sometimes even less. I usually get the pictures in 3 days.. its so worth it!!

www.snapfish.com

edit: I just checked they are running $.12 pics and the first 20 free!!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Didn't see the part about the photo printer.. As hooples said, photo printers are NOT economical. I love my photo printer because I can do immediate 8x10s or small batches of pictures (3-5 at a time) for Jenn to scrapbook. However, it's a lot more expensive than photo services.

For anything other than a few prints at a time, the photo printing services are way more economical.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have a nice photoprinter and no it is not qworth it, besides the time, the cost turns out being way more, a printer is nice for imediate results for 1-10 pictures. when I have a bunch of pictures to print I upload them to snapfish.. If you pre-buy in bulk ( something like 150 photos , they can be as cheap as $.15 ea. sometimes even less. I usually get the pictures in 3 days.. its so worth it!!

www.snapfish.com

edit: I just checked they are running $.12 pics and the first 20 free!!
Cool, I just checked sams club online and they are $.11 for 4x6 but I need to buy a membership so it's probably not worth it.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Cool, I just checked sams club online and they are $.11 for 4x6 but I need to buy a membership so it's probably not worth it.
I have a BJs membership that I can give you the number of (if that will help...not sure if you have one in your area or not). I have had good luck with walmart photo site (upload your prints online and they'll send them right to you with a CD or you can pick them up at a local store).

I too have heard good things about snapfish.com too.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I have a BJs membership that I can give you the number of (if that will help...not sure if you have one in your area or not). I have had good luck with walmart photo site (upload your prints online and they'll send them right to you with a CD or you can pick them up at a local store).

I too have heard good things about snapfish.com too.
Thanks for the offer but we don't have a BJ's around here.

Maybe I'll just use snapfish.