Quantcast

Devils Den 2005 Pics

Discussion in 'Downhill & Freeride' started by cannondalejunky, Sep 18, 2005.

1. cannondalejunky

cannondalejunky ease dropper

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    my dad took a bunch of pics of the jump at the devils den DH race this past weekend...he was messing around with some of the settings on his camera so some might be blurry but i picked the good ones and i had to shrink some down so the quality of the image might not be all that great either

And some of those crazy trials guys

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Bicyclist

Bicyclist Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    A little blurry, but good pics!

3. frznnomad

frznnomad Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    new cameras are fun for the people taking the pics but not for the people viewing. lol im just kidding. thanks for the pics looks like an awsome race. i think my favorite pic is with the guy carring his bike and the two people with the tied dyed shirts in it. it makes me chuckle when i see two wannabee xc riders at a race watching dh racers hauling ass down the mountain (the expresions are priceless) :thumb: :evil:

4. AlmostHeaven

AlmostHeaven Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    any results? were there other Monkeys in the race?

the guy in the last race picture with th TLD jersey and C-dale looks familiar...

5. Sherpa

Sherpa Basking in fail.

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Thats biker3 aka J-dizzle.

6. Jimmy_Pop

Jimmy_Pop Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0

what's sad is that the rider your talking about, orange helmet carrying bike, broke his femur and shattered his wrist after the race in a freeride session. He was having surgery Saturday night in Fayetteville, AR. That's all i know. no more details were posted. He is such a cool guy and can rip.

get well Jason.

7. DNA

DNA The human raccoon

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Did that upper road gap/ladder get him or was it the lower road gap?

8. Jimmy_Pop

Jimmy_Pop Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I can't say for sure.

FormulaX said, "trail gap towards the top".

I know nothing except i feel really bad for him. Must have been a BAD crash to get that jacked up.

9. DNA

DNA The human raccoon

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I think that is what the locals were calling the upper ladder.

Total bummer. That is about a half mile in too, so that was a long, painful drag out on a backboard.

That sucks to here, 'cause it was a great race otherwise. That course is pretty much my favorite in the Arkansas series.

10. Cooter Brown

Cooter Brown Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    yeah, it really wasn't off of that jump, it was after it where the transition for the upper ladder flattens out then drops off again

11. Frankenschwinn

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0
    A report from his crew over at Tulsafreeriders.com:

His femur was actually broke in two places, they had him on a traction bed all last night to stretch the leg back out for surgery, he was supposed to be in surgery around 8:00am but didn’t make it in until around 11:00. Kendall and I were with him at the hospital from about the time he got there until around 2:00am and that was when he finally was moved into a normal room. To put him in traction they had to insert a metal rod into his upper shinbone via Makita drill. I was in the room and got to witness that! Good stuff. It is still up in the air on the wrist, there are a lot of small pieces they are going to have to put together. Kendall, Nate, Vanessa, and myself visited him again today and got to see him after surgery, He was doing good but in a lot of pain. They are saying 4months before he can put pressure on the leg but he is a tough guy and I’m sure he will be back on the bike again soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. Now for how it happened, as I’m sure a lot of you would like to know. He wrecked just after the new trail gap towards the top of the course. He came off a bit nose heavy and lost control, he did not have time to even touch his breaks before he was off the trail and over the bars. He went over the bars just before the steep down section and he was thrown over the edge at a very high speed. He hit two trees that literally rag-dolled his body and spun him around twice before he finally hit the ground. The speed he was going and the impact of the trees, I thought he had broken his back. I was at the bottom of the hill and witnessed the whole thing, it was very scary and could have been a lot worse. I have a few pictures of him being put in the ambulance and some from the hospital; I will post them up as soon as I get home.

Jason Jump is at Washington Regional Medical Center. He is currently in room 4106, but it is a double room, so they may move him into his own room sometime soon.

BTW Cannondalejunky, Can you send me a hi res version of this one?

12. Cooter Brown

Cooter Brown Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0

yeah quite a few actually, I'm pic #2 and #8 :thumb:

13. Sherpa

Sherpa Basking in fail.

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    That sucks. Was he the other guy on the Dare (besides Steve)?

14. ÆX

ÆX Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    sorry to hear about jason.
    those trees don't move for
    anyone.

cool to see trial pics. i might
    have come if i knew there was
    a trials too.

15. Frankenschwinn

Rep/Likes:
    3 / 0

That was him...

16. frznnomad

frznnomad Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    jimmy i wasnt trashing him. im sorry that he got hurt i had no idea man. i was just commenting on the two people with there eyes popping out of there heads cause this is the first time that they have seen hardcore racers

Hope you get well soon man sorry for the mix up. ohh and awsome helmet by the way. :thumb:

17. Jimmy_Pop

Jimmy_Pop Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    oh yeah, totally. i knew exactly what you meant. no worries. there was XC and Trials competitions there too so there was lots of people there who had never seen anything like downhill.

i was just using your post to give an update on what happened to that very rider a couple hours later that same day. that's all.

joel

18. frznnomad

frznnomad Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    gotcha man my condolances go out to him. give us an update as it goes along man. hope hes doing okay its never a good thing when a fellow rider gets injured.

19. SXtrailrider

SXtrailrider Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    srry about the fall hope the guys feels better i would never picture my self doing a trail like that for a long time it takes balls just to go out and ride, trees scare me the most

20. Sherpa

Sherpa Basking in fail.

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    Stunts are dismantled for the time being, so noone come around these parts expecting to ride them.

21. cannondalejunky

cannondalejunky ease dropper

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1