Quantcast

Devils Den 2005 Pics

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
my dad took a bunch of pics of the jump at the devils den DH race this past weekend...he was messing around with some of the settings on his camera so some might be blurry but i picked the good ones and i had to shrink some down so the quality of the image might not be all that great either

And some of those crazy trials guys

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
new cameras are fun for the people taking the pics but not for the people viewing. lol im just kidding. thanks for the pics looks like an awsome race. i think my favorite pic is with the guy carring his bike and the two people with the tied dyed shirts in it. it makes me chuckle when i see two wannabee xc riders at a race watching dh racers hauling ass down the mountain (the expresions are priceless) :thumb: :evil:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
any results? were there other Monkeys in the race?

the guy in the last race picture with th TLD jersey and C-dale looks familiar...

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
AlmostHeaven said:
any results? were there other Monkeys in the race?

the guy in the last race picture with th TLD jersey and C-dale looks familiar...
Thats biker3 aka J-dizzle.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
frznnomad said:
new cameras are fun for the people taking the pics but not for the people viewing. lol im just kidding. thanks for the pics looks like an awsome race. i think my favorite pic is with the guy carring his bike and the two people with the tied dyed shirts in it. it makes me chuckle when i see two wannabee xc riders at a race watching dh racers hauling ass down the mountain (the expresions are priceless) :thumb: :evil:

what's sad is that the rider your talking about, orange helmet carrying bike, broke his femur and shattered his wrist after the race in a freeride session. He was having surgery Saturday night in Fayetteville, AR. That's all i know. no more details were posted. He is such a cool guy and can rip.

get well Jason.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Jimmy_Pop said:
broke his femur and shattered his wrist after the race in a freeride session.
Did that upper road gap/ladder get him or was it the lower road gap?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I can't say for sure.

FormulaX said, "trail gap towards the top".

I know nothing except i feel really bad for him. Must have been a BAD crash to get that jacked up.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Jimmy_Pop said:

I know nothing except i feel really bad for him. Must have been a BAD crash to get that jacked up.
I think that is what the locals were calling the upper ladder.

Total bummer. That is about a half mile in too, so that was a long, painful drag out on a backboard.

That sucks to here, 'cause it was a great race otherwise. That course is pretty much my favorite in the Arkansas series.

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
Jimmy_Pop said:
I can't say for sure.

A report from his crew over at Tulsafreeriders.com:

His femur was actually broke in two places, they had him on a traction bed all last night to stretch the leg back out for surgery, he was supposed to be in surgery around 8:00am but didn’t make it in until around 11:00. Kendall and I were with him at the hospital from about the time he got there until around 2:00am and that was when he finally was moved into a normal room. To put him in traction they had to insert a metal rod into his upper shinbone via Makita drill. I was in the room and got to witness that! Good stuff. It is still up in the air on the wrist, there are a lot of small pieces they are going to have to put together. Kendall, Nate, Vanessa, and myself visited him again today and got to see him after surgery, He was doing good but in a lot of pain. They are saying 4months before he can put pressure on the leg but he is a tough guy and I’m sure he will be back on the bike again soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with him. Now for how it happened, as I’m sure a lot of you would like to know. He wrecked just after the new trail gap towards the top of the course. He came off a bit nose heavy and lost control, he did not have time to even touch his breaks before he was off the trail and over the bars. He went over the bars just before the steep down section and he was thrown over the edge at a very high speed. He hit two trees that literally rag-dolled his body and spun him around twice before he finally hit the ground. The speed he was going and the impact of the trees, I thought he had broken his back. I was at the bottom of the hill and witnessed the whole thing, it was very scary and could have been a lot worse. I have a few pictures of him being put in the ambulance and some from the hospital; I will post them up as soon as I get home.

Jason Jump is at Washington Regional Medical Center. He is currently in room 4106, but it is a double room, so they may move him into his own room sometime soon.

BTW Cannondalejunky, Can you send me a hi res version of this one?

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Jimmy_Pop said:
I can't say for sure.

That sucks. Was he the other guy on the Dare (besides Steve)?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
sorry to hear about jason.
those trees don't move for
anyone.

cool to see trial pics. i might
have come if i knew there was
a trials too.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
jimmy i wasnt trashing him. im sorry that he got hurt i had no idea man. i was just commenting on the two people with there eyes popping out of there heads cause this is the first time that they have seen hardcore racers

Hope you get well soon man sorry for the mix up. ohh and awsome helmet by the way. :thumb:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
frznnomad said:
jimmy i wasnt trashing him. im sorry that he got hurt i had no idea man. i was just commenting on the two people with there eyes popping out of there heads cause this is the first time that they have seen hardcore racersHope you get well soon man sorry for the mix up. ohh and awsome helmet by the way. :thumb:
oh yeah, totally. i knew exactly what you meant. no worries. there was XC and Trials competitions there too so there was lots of people there who had never seen anything like downhill.

i was just using your post to give an update on what happened to that very rider a couple hours later that same day. that's all.

joel

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
gotcha man my condolances go out to him. give us an update as it goes along man. hope hes doing okay its never a good thing when a fellow rider gets injured.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
srry about the fall hope the guys feels better i would never picture my self doing a trail like that for a long time it takes balls just to go out and ride, trees scare me the most