Quantcast

Devils Gulch sunday! (can you shuttle it?)

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
I'm bringing some unexperienced riders with me... see if they'll change there minds about getting a bike :]

Anyone else wanna go?

btw can we shuttle the trail?? or do I have to have the bike shop guys do it

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, you can shuttle it....... :(

Probably lots of trees still down along the way so maybe not a good choice for getting people into biking. And, with the exposeure in places, they may get freaked out.

I'll be in the area but probably won't have enough time for a DG/MR loop that I like so much. Just Freund for a quick spin.

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Yeah, you can shuttle it....... :(

Probably lots of trees still down along the way so maybe not a good choice for getting people into biking. And, with the exposeure in places, they may get freaked out.

I'll be in the area but probably won't have enough time for a DG/MR loop that I like so much. Just Freund for a quick spin.

Ha why the sad face? I'd like too see you ride my bike up it :P

slim

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Seattle
hey there. i'm new in the area... never been to devils gulch, but heard it's great. anyway, i'd love to get in on a ride on sunday. especially a shuttle.....

i only have a small car to drive right now, though. so not a huge help on any shuttles. coming from seattle.... could meet out there if you have some extra room

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
hey there. i'm new in the area... never been to devils gulch, but heard it's great. anyway, i'd love to get in on a ride on sunday. especially a shuttle.....

i only have a small car to drive right now, though. so not a huge help on any shuttles. coming from seattle.... could meet out there if you have some extra room
pm yo

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Hey just a heads up, Green Trails makes a huge map of the Devils Gulch trail and has all the other trails and forest roads in the area as well.

Go to REI, they sell them there. They are the oversized fold up maps, not the regular ones that are legal paper size. Anyways that should get you dialed on how to shuttle. You can start your cars through Cashmere, then drive down the Mission Ridge side back into Wenatchee if you want.

Anyways have fun, if the newbs are afraid of the exposure just tell them to look at the trail. You will ride where you look.:)

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Ha why the sad face? I'd like too see you ride my bike up it :P
Let's just say I don't consider the DG/MR trail system shuttle worthy.

I'd take your challenge, what are you willing to put up for me to have when I get to the top? :greedy:

There's pictures of the DG/MR trails all over the web if you just do a little searching. I agree with Pug-girl, MR is much more fun down. But, even more difficult for noobs. (They will liikely walk some.)

Still, don't forget that the trails probably are not logged out yet. Call the ranger district and ask before you drive all the way up...

And, I think it's only 13 miles.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Yeah, I'm weird, but I actually don't mind the ride up to DG. You have to come prepared though, bringing lots of food and water, it makes for a long day. I'll never bag on shuttling though...as "Go Huck Yourself" would say..."Got Shuttle?".

T.Rex

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
Pacific Northwest
The Mission Ridge Trail is a disaster; looks like the St. Helens Blast Zone. Trust me, it is no fun-not even a little bit. I'm wondering if any of the crew we met Sunday on the upper Mission Ridge trail is around?????. If you are, post some of those pictures you guys took of the forest; what a mess. We rode from the upper MR trailhead and ended up deep in the shizzz-not the good kind.

We pushed our bikes over, under, around and up and down more downed trees than I've ever seen; it was one log jam after another. We we met a group of riders who were as crazy as we were; there was at least 10 people in their group. We pushed and pulled each other over and through the thick of it until we found some open trail; hope you guys had a good ride down the mountain?

Finanlly we got down to the DG/MR junction and found some ridable trail; that is until we ran into the next pile of trees. The DG trail is mostly clear; there were a few log jams just below the saddle. By the time we hit the open trails, I was too tired to enjoy the ride; as usual, everyone let me in the dust:>)

Good luck on your ride, knowing what I know now, if it were me, I'd stay the heck away from the Mission Ridge Trail; the only part that was clear was the first four miles up from the bottom. After Sunday's ordeal, I have to say I agree with Borneo about the trail; it's a better ride than a shuttle-my 2-cents.
turtle