Quantcast

Devinci Wilson - any feedback

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I have searched for reviews and general info but there is not much out there. I am looking to build up my first full DH bike and the UK distributor has really good prices on the framesets, so it will fit into my budget.
I am looking for ride impressions and adjustability info. I cant find info to confirm things like chainstay length for the FR and DH setting. on the site its gives 440mm but doesn't say if thats for DH or FR. I read there is a travel adjustable option but doesnt give details. The site also gives a 64* head angle but again, FR or DH setting? I am interested to know these details since I want to try full on DH trails when I get back to South Africa but if I dont get into the DH thing then I can still set the bike up as a plush FR/mini DH bike.

Any info would be appreciated.

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
I have set mine up as a DH only bike (cut seatpost, 6sp cogs, 165 cranks) and leave the front shuttle in the low position for all my riding. I love the bike for racing and DH riding. Sometimes I switch the rear dropout to FR which gives me a more aggressive stance and shorter CS for slower technical riding, but even with higher BB and full cogset / seatpost I can't really imagine using this bike for anything other than DH shuttling.

If you need a more versatile beast, I believe you should look elsewhere. If you choose this bike anyway, I suggest you use an adjustable platform shock, but be warned that the Evolver ISX6 with hi-lo adjusters won't fit even with serious grinding.