Quantcast

Devinci Wilson vs Scott Gambler

dovbush66

Monkey
Aug 27, 2018
Ireland
yo yo yo I'm looking to save up for a new frame to build up next summer. My current ride is a cove shocker which has been very good to me but is just too small.

Looking for experiences with the gambler and wilson. Things important to me are bearing/bushing life, ease of replacing them, ease of getting any proprietary parts (like bolt kits and mech hangers/dropouts) and how well the frame takes abuse. I'll be sticking 26ers on too but most bikes should be happy with them

I get on well with most bikes when it comes to riding them, so I'm open to others. Good solid frames for under 2K eur is my aim.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
My Wilson is super stiff and strong. I'm a big guy and this frame never feels flexy or weak. I'm not afraid of cracking this thing like I did other frames. It's not built to be light, but built to be strong. Bearings are all common sizes and are easy to replace. There's one set of bearings that the main pivot is on that requires a special tool for $40. I've never changed mine yet because they're still smooth (the bike is from 2015). The Split pivot and CS bearings were replaced cause they're inexpensive and very easy to remove.

If you're looking for a bike to sell in a year or two, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a bike that will last you a long time, Devinci Wilson.