Quantcast

DeVinci?

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
I've been looking for a road bike to do some long distance rides this summer. I'm trying to keep it under a grand so I can still (hopefully) afford the Heckler I really want. I stumbled onto a Devinci Apex at a small shop north of Boston, and it felt great. A little heavier than the Fuji Roubaix, but the frame feels more comfortable, and looks a lot better too. I've heard of Devinci before, but I don't know anything about 'em. What's the story with them?

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
www.devinci.com

Made in Canada in the province of Quebec. I had one, a Millenium, which is an awesome bike. Very stable handling very nice, good parts spec and weight. It fit me well and I shouldn't have sold it. I had an oportunity to buy a Dura-ace, Ksyrium SL Santa Cruz Roadster for super cheap as it had about 50km on it.

I own a Devinci Amsterdam for my rain bike. It's a (gasp) hybrid. But I put a titanium seat post and ass hatchet saddle on, Avid ti brakes, aluminum rings and road block as well as a low long easton EA50 stem so it looks hella cool and a lot lighter than stock. Well as cool as a hybrid with full fenders and a bell can. I can drop another 400 grams by changing tires. I love that bike.

Their mountain bike line is very nice too. The freeride/DH bikes I'm told ride really nice.

For the price you get a pretty damn fine bike.

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
Whats the Santa Cruz Roadster go for? The Chameleon XC hardtail starts at $1500, so maybe, given the price difference between suspension and rigid forks, a Roadster could be around a grand.
SC's website only has prices for MTB bikes, and the santa cruz dealer here only has the heckler, blur, and VP10.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Up here the frame, fork and post I think goes for around 1500Canadian. I don't think they sell a complete bike here. Mine had a Dura ace group, Ksyrium SL wheels, actually it was a parts set from a Devinci that the shop had.

The bike came with USE alien aero post and Easton EC90 fork. The post would not go down far enough for me so I had to sell it. The fork lost its clear coat and now I have the new EC90.