Quantcast

Dexter... tomorrow

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
yeah that door thing actually bothered me to...it is way sloppier than his character is normally...

How much better did this season get with the last episode...Now that chase knows it's him...it's on...i am psyched to see the end of this thing...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
how did he know a needle would be able to get the blood out? and why did Chase think something was wrong with his locker? didnt Dexter shut the door the same way Chase did?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
how did he know a needle would be able to get the blood out? and why did Chase think something was wrong with his locker? didnt Dexter shut the door the same way Chase did?
they actually showed Chase closing his door distinctly, all the way, in their previous "session".

Oh, last minute detail. He ditches the bodies at sea in the gulf stream, which he learned in season two carries things hundreds of miles off shore. Robocop could not have taken pics from the dock of them tossing stuff overboard. Unless the pics were just of them loading the boat at the dock???

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
they actually showed Chase closing his door distinctly, all the way, in their previous "session".

Unless the pics were just of them loading the boat at the dock???
in his first session he did close the door completely, but when Dexter took the blood sample in the 2nd session, he didnt shut it and i thought the camera focused in on that.

Liddy said he got pics of them dumping something off the boat, which with the lens he had, would have been impossible,

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
So lemme see if I recall correctly.

Season 1 - Just the relationship with Rita and killing random dudes
Season 2 - Crazy Hot chick (DANG she was hot...)
Season 3 - That black cop guy
Season 4 - Jimmy Smits
Season 5 - Trinity
Season 6 - julia Stiles

Is that about right?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Season 4 - Jimmy Smits
Season 5 - Trinity
Season 6 - julia Stiles

Is that about right?
you got them all right except the part about the chick being hot.
Season 5> all other seasons

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001

Season 4 - Jimmy Smits
Season 5 - Trinity
Season 6 - julia Stiles

Is that about right?
Correction:
Season 1 - Ice Truck Killer
Season 2 - Lila & Bay Harbour Butcher
Season 3 - La Vida Loca Smits
Season 4 - Trinity / John Lovitz naked in a shower trauma :confused:
Season 5 - Just Take It and I gotchur Dark Passenger too....

Seasons 1 & 4 are the best...all 5 seasons damn good (except the sloppy killing sprees in 5 frustrating the crap out of me).:thumb:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
wasnt too happy about the ending....totally predictable and bad. some of the prior questions were answered, like the blood on Quinn's foot...i just didnt like how Deb let them go, but i guess she can relate

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
So, Deb's been getting progressively hotter as the seasons pass...in my opinion...same with season 5?

(didn't see anything from 5 as I no longer have cable)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
OK, I know I am WAY late to this party, but thanks to IH8Rice claiming John Lithgow is the best bad guy got me intrigued (I think John Lithgow is an incredible actor in general). I ordered it on Netflix and I just finished episode 6 of the 4th season. I have to agree, Trinity is better than Gus, wow is he twisted. :panic:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The whole show in general has me sucked in, I have been going through about 3 episodes a night. It took a bit for me to get into it, but the writing is good. I'm not a cop show, CSI Whatever, get the bad guy show person, but the show is well written, so I like it.

I have the first book on order, too. i need something to read on my commute.

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Crap! I cut the cord, now I have to figure out how to watch Dexter. I can't borrow a friend's login for Showtime Anytime because our provider doesn't participate.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
So if you thought Season 5/Trinity was the best, I'm guessing you haven't seen Doomsday yet?? Wait for that cliff hanger.......
i thought the last season was just okay but the end was obviously the best part...though its been inevitable for several seasons now. i thought it was way too predictable as far as who Doomsday really was too.

i still stand by my original comment, Lithgow's season was the best of the series.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Mantis...delete your questions. If someone's not seen the season, you'll give it away!

I liked this season and I try to stay very naive about plot twists to actually enjoy something.

Kenan, I don't have cable. What I have is www.sidereel.com and all the torrents it links you to. It takes at most 5 minutes the day after the show airs to find one that is HD quality and I've watched every episode of all 6 seasons that way. It takes a few minutes to get used to the pop up that you close and they stay closed.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Mantis...delete your questions. If someone's not seen the season, you'll give it away!

I liked this season and I try to stay very naive about plot twists to actually enjoy something.

Kenan, I don't have cable. What I have is www.sidereel.com and all the torrents it links you to. It takes at most 5 minutes the day after the show airs to find one that is HD quality and I've watched every episode of all 6 seasons that way. It takes a few minutes to get used to the pop up that you close and they stay closed.

As you can see, deleted is done. Guess I just figured more than thought had seen the season, and I stand corrected. However, after it is seen, it must be discussed.....

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm a bit bored with dexter. It's still enjoyable but the quality gets lower. For example Californication has had worse and better seasons but this is just progressively worse.

Though for now The Newsroom is cool.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I love Dexter! Can't wait to get out next season in the mail! (Last season... so not reading any previous comments until I'm caught up)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Am I the only one who thought this episode required a lot more suspension of disbelief than older ones? They cut out large parts of airport kill. How the hell did he get the body out? How the hell did he pick the lock in 0.5s? Why the hell dexter is suddenly stupid?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Am I the only one who thought this episode required a lot more suspension of disbelief than older ones? They cut out large parts of airport kill. How the hell did he get the body out? How the hell did he pick the lock in 0.5s? Why the hell dexter is suddenly stupid?
True, to spend $1800 just to get by airport security, find airport guy, and speed through killing him was a bit off. He got the body out with the surfboard cover/case, he had his lock-pick kit with him, and he's just a bit distracted with Deb knowing about his Doomsday kill. My question is-- how long before he figures out intern guy deleted his accounts (remember him trying to put gas in and all his cards wouldn't take?).

I wonder if I can modify his kill outfit and wear it for Halloween at work???

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
and how the hell did he cancel his credit card without his password?
they kind of jumped into Deb finding out about him pretty fast.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
and how the hell did he cancel his credit card without his password?
they kind of jumped into Deb finding out about him pretty fast.

Intern is a computer geek, remember? Some of those guys like to hack into accounts and such, so password finding may not be too difficult for him. As for jumping into Deb finding out, she did see the Doomsday murder in the finale' last season, so now she's picking apart anything Dexter says/does, which will make Dex grow eyes in the back of his head very quickly.....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Me & co-worker befuddled by why Dex would leave his laptop unlocked ever, ever, ever at all. That was our only big hang up with the episode.

Your new villian may be the dead guy's crew searching out the killer(Dex) one by one. Scenarios we both are playing out:

1. Dead body washes back up on shore in the bag hooked on a propellor or something wacky and looks like mob hit. Foreign mob goonies go away
2. They find something to trace the murder back to Dex

My thought is that the gangsters hire some dark, maniacal assassin who goes through the whole department torturing and disembowling everyone Dex has ever known and saving him for last.

Other things to address:
Credit card wipeout was done through some sort of remote "hacker" software.
The reiteration of Harry programming Dex when he tries to be a normal kid and show love for the dog
Is Quinn deliberately trying to look like he's on meth?
Is there a more subtle, less overy reason intern mailed Dex the Ice Truck Killer arm like thinking Dex stole it from evidence?

I can't help but think that intern is really just a complete nerd who's gonna be collateral damage at some point.

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
My 2 cents. AS to the laptop and card canceling. Easy the guy is supposed to be a computer wiz kid. Unlock laptop, hack account, cancel and done. They have shown the nerd to have some anger in him in the last season so he may be a villain yet. I too thought the airport killing part of the episode was rushed. On the other hand the Dex/Deb storyline seemed to just drag.
I think they will have to kill off Deb and probably the baby too to keep the show going otherwise it may go down like the Fonz.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Besides intern, don't forget that the captain has the blood drop slide that was found at Doomsday's "fire sale". She wanted it analyzed, then took it from Matsuka while in his lab. And as for the anger in intern, he was shot down rather harshly by Dex when he was sharing his idea for a computer game. Maybe that's part of his anger??

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I still don't know how in the hell he took that body out of the airport. It seems like a close to impossible task.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
I still don't know how in the hell he took that body out of the airport. It seems like a close to impossible task.

If you still have it recorded, either just before or just after he off-ed airport kill, he took a surfboard/paddle board and cover and checked it against him for size. Insert dead guy in cover, have board for "stiffness", and wheel him out to vehicle......

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
The laptop part doesn't jive because if dude gets on Dex's laptop "casually" while not password protected, then he has to at least contemplate killing the guy b/c he's a tech geek/ hacker which Dex knows already. One more sentence from Dex in his head of "Should have locked it down just in case." or "Good thing I wipe the hard drive nightly" to put us at ease was skipped over.

If it's password protected and guy hacked in for access, the conversation about checking whatever it was he was checking (FB, weather..can't remember) would not happen.