Quantcast

Dexter... tomorrow

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If you still have it recorded, either just before or just after he off-ed airport kill, he took a surfboard/paddle board and cover and checked it against him for size. Insert dead guy in cover, have board for "stiffness", and wheel him out to vehicle......
Is airport security that bad in US? I thought they even fondle your balls every time they see you so that caught me off guard a bit.

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
There are always going to be holes in every episode. As someone else pointed out you have to take it for what it is. A show on TV. Let your imagination fill in the blanks. If that doesn't work its time shake the cobwebs out of your brain and go back to reading.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
There are always going to be holes in every episode. As someone else pointed out you have to take it for what it is. A show on TV. Let your imagination fill in the blanks. If that doesn't work its time shake the cobwebs out of your brain and go back to reading.
The thing is as the show progresses the holes get bigger and bigger. I'm not complaining because it's unrealistic, I'm complaining because it requires even more of suspension of disbelief than the previous episodes. Shows can be as unrealistic as they want but they have to obey the laws of the world they themselves have created. If it changes - that's just bad writing.

aixelsyd

Chimp
May 16, 2007
The thing is as the show progresses the holes get bigger and bigger. I'm not complaining because it's unrealistic, I'm complaining because it requires even more of suspension of disbelief than the previous episodes. Shows can be as unrealistic as they want but they have to obey the laws of the world they themselves have created. If it changes - that's just bad writing.
I get what you're saying. I just discovered Dexter this past Spring and since then my wife and I played catch up watching every season on demand. As the seasons progressed I do recall quite a few times thinking the writing was getting stale. Then there are times when the show grabs you and you can't wait to see how it ends. After 7 seasons it will be interesting to see if it does go on. I hope they don't drag it out though. Dexter needs to go out with a bang, not like that crap HBO pulled with the Sopranos.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Ohboyohboyohboy, I don't want to wait now. The writers have left it with several possible scripts to use.

I will say this.................................... ha, like I was going to spoil it for those that didn't see it yet???

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
its fun trying to watch Breaking Bad and Dexter and trying to figure out how both series are going to end. Dexter seems a bit harder now after sunday's episode trying to guess whats going to happen

Last edited:

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Well, we thought Brain Surgeon was dead, then "killer intern" shows up with the same missing brain matter, which is in Vogel's possession. hhmmmm..... Maybe Vogel is Brain Surgeon and is leading Dexter into a false sense of security before she offs him???

The rest is just details...................................................

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Well, we thought Brain Surgeon was dead, then "killer intern" shows up with the same missing brain matter, which is in Vogel's possession. hhmmmm..... Maybe Vogel is Brain Surgeon and is leading Dexter into a false sense of security before she offs him???

The rest is just details...................................................
No. Brain surgeon is out there. The good doctor is a mad scientist who likes chaos theory. Dex has had to tackle THREE of her other patients. She thinks psychopaths are part of the natural order and thin the herd. She doesn't care what type of person they prey on (unless it's her).

The sous chef, the cable guy and Cameron from Ferris Bueller all had no "moral compass" and killed at will under her guidance.

Harry is the big difference with Dex. She only gave Dex and the others "Rule 1: Don't get caught!" Harry set Dex on a specific path.

My co-worker and I both said they wrapped up the brain surgeon too neatly, but they've done it in the past to move on to bigger fish. Inserting Hannah was a good slight of hand to distract the audience from the real boogie man. :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
One more thing, I loved the plot twist, but I still seething over the plastic in between the blinds and the window from outside the hotel....then reversed once inside. Discrepencies drive me nuts!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Way too cliche and way too predictable. Probably one of the worst series finales I've seen....a movie would make up for it though :popcorn:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
The explanations of the writers makes a much more meaningful understanding of why they did a LOT of the things I didn't like about the last season. I'm actually more OK with how they ended having read their "artistic vision".

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-interview-series-finale/

I think where they went wrong is that we, the viewer, had a hard time understanding or noticing the tweaks they were doing to demonstrate his evolution. Very good read though.

Thoughts on their responses???

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have honestly not watched any of the last season, but I will eventually.

Based on God's answer, it all makes sense now.

HUMAN: Why did the Dexter finale suck so much, God?

GOD: The original showrunner only wanted the show to go to five seasons. The network wanted to run it into the ground, so he was booted. The people writing the show since then just repeated previously established formulas. When it came time to write something real, they shat themselves in fear. This led to the most painfully inept ending in TV history.