Quantcast

DH, 4x, DS Racing for 2009?

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
We've managed to put together a decent sized group of guys here in the Nashville area who are into gravity riding, and we're trying to find all of the closest races to us. We're up for anything going down hill.

We've been able to find info for Carters Lake and some in NC, but I'm guessing we're not looking in all the right places to find all the races in the Southeast. Most of the races that we've found are at at least 3 hour drives if not 6 or more.

Can you guys post your favorite races, (ones that might be worth the drive), and ones that might be a little closer to Nashville? Is there stuff in Alabama or Georgia that we're missing? What are the best in North Carolina?

You boys at Windrock up for putting on any kind of racing this year? Mark, Doug, I know you guys want some of that! If you're interested at all, we're more than happy to help make that happen. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, just a reason to get people racing in TN!

Thanks for the info,
Tryon

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Thanks man, I don't use this board a ton, so I wasn't sure if most would get posted as they are scheduled. Nashville is very xc centered at this point, so I'm just not in the loop for this kind of racing.

I went to a race in Showshoe a couple of years ago and, (although I didn't actually race), the whole weekend was a ton of fun. Seeing Monster Park didn't hurt anything either! :cheers: We'll almost certainly make at least one or two of those races this year.

I didn't see anything about it on the website, does anybody know if they will do dual-slalom races along with the dh races at Snowshoe this year? I saw that they had a track built when I was there last.

The past 3 years they have had DS and DH at every race weekend that I have been too. I'm assuming that it will be that way this year as well. As you know from being there on a race weekend in the past, the drive is well worth it to go to Snowshoe.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Yeah man, the one I have been to was quite a shindig. Well worth it for sure. I'm heading up a new high school mountain bike program, so I'm hoping to take some of the more talented riders up there as well. Thanks for the info.

mfzbike

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Precious painville
I"m from Cookeville between Nashville and Knoxville. Windrock is gonna be your place to go ride obviously. As far as races i think your in the same boat as everyone else around east, TN.
Carters lake super fun series.
Snowshoe, well worth the 8 hour drive!
Massanutten, VA 8+ hour drive
Clemson is super fun as well but a long drive for what they have to offer
And then whatever seems to pop in the NC area

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
:thumb:Cool, thanks man. If you ever want to ride at Windrock, just shoot me a pm. My name is Tryon and I get up there a few times a year usually. My best friend is just about to move back to Knoxville, so I'll likely be up there more this summer. I'm definitely excited about that! I ride xc around here a lot, but nothing can compare to a good day on the dh bike!

Last edited: