Quantcast

DH Action + Signage

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Looking for a bit of help with a project my lady friend and I are getting into. I am trying to get a beer sponsor involved with sponsoring our sport, DH events/resorts and DH racing in particular. They have asked us for some photos of other companies signage at these events and pictures of sponsored riders. Ive been picking through google/picasa albums from crankworks and the US Open trying to find some good stuff but I really want to wow them. I know there are some pros and people with jedi camera skills on here. Wondering If you could take a minute to throw some pictures my way. Looking for some great action shots, crowd shots and sponsor signage and examples of other logos in particular.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
a bit more class than that nor is it domestic.
Be careful, we were trying to get a beer sponsor a year or two ago and a large monkeywrench got thrown in when we gave them a list of the team and a few of them were under age. I know not all companies will give an S about this, but its something you might have to deal with.

PBR..we didn't win the race, but we still got the blue ribbon

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
Be careful, we were trying to get a beer sponsor a year or two ago and a large monkeywrench got thrown in when we gave them a list of the team and a few of them were under age. I know not all companies will give an S about this, but its something you might have to deal with.

PBR..we didn't win the race, but we still got the blue ribbon
Alan right? Might have to ask you a few questions about this at massanutten tomorrow.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Seems like there is a guy at Snowshoe races every year who works for Sierra Nevada and always has a cooler that he is giving away for free. Not sure if he ever worked anything out banner- or advertisement-wise.

That would be my choice because Sierra is the sh!t. Screw all these crappy beers that are "cool" to drink because they're ironic, etc.
PBR sucks donkey schlong, you know it, get over it.

stumpjump

Monkey
Sep 14, 2007
DC
Yeah, its Alan. Ill be there early tomorrow so just shout me. Green Sunday or just find one of the TFK kids

Big J

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Chicago
Seems like there is a guy at Snowshoe races every year who works for Sierra Nevada and always has a cooler that he is giving away for free.
Hell yea....Heath is the MAN.

Nothing like a cold brew after your race run so that's why I always put a cozy in my pocket before I get in the starting gate. Snowshoe has it dailed as far I'm concerned. Brews and lunch..you can't beat it.

J

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think at least as (if not more) important than just putting up banners of a beer company (or any sponsor) at your race or series, is encouraging the sponsor to have a presence at the event. Dale's Pale Ale has been a supporter of the Mountain States Cup for a few years now, and not only do they have event signage and logo placement around the venue, website, ads, and other marketing material - they also support a race team that comes to all the races, and always send a guy out with a truck and tent (sometimes a huge RV) to "sample product", and have a presence at the events in general. I think we as mountain bikers tend to support companies and products that we feel truly support and are involved with our sport, not just writing a check to get some banners put up.

Good luck!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I think at least as (if not more) important than just putting up banners of a beer company (or any sponsor) at your race or series, is encouraging the sponsor to have a presence at the event. Dale's Pale Ale has been a supporter of the Mountain States Cup for a few years now, and not only do they have event signage and logo placement around the venue, website, ads, and other marketing material - they also support a race team that comes to all the races, and always send a guy out with a truck and tent (sometimes a huge RV) to "sample product", and have a presence at the events in general. I think we as mountain bikers tend to support companies and products that we feel truly support and are involved with our sport, not just writing a check to get some banners put up.

Good luck!
This is exactly what I am trying to do/pitch. :cheers:

At this point they want examples and a plan but more pretty pictures!

Last edited: