Quantcast

DH and trials in Tennessee

zappa

Chimp
Jun 14, 2003
Georgia
This was posted on a SORBA (Georgia) forum, but I thought I'd put it on this board to see if anyone here was interested. I don't know these guys or the location, so I don't have any more info that what's here:

Dan Brown from the Trials Training Center over in Sequatchie Valley called me to solicit some help for the TBRA races coming up in October. They will be running Trials, DH, and XC.

He said he and his crew can handle the logistics for this major event, but they are in dire need of assistance with the bike races. He needs riders to come out any evening or weekend and help him choose a course. He has a logging road uphill and a nice single track downhill that'll make a 6-7 mile course, but he needs MTB's out there to help him decide on the best lines and to point out any parts of the trails that he needs to work on.

The schedule:
Sat., Oct. 9
Bicycle Trials events
Downhill races

Sun., Oct. 10
TBRA XC races

The XC is on the TBRA calendar, but Dan needs a NORBA official to OK the course layout and to run the race. And he needs some volunteers with XC racing experience to help with pulicity and marshalling. He has the insurance, EMT, lodging, refreshments, PA and everything else under control.

For the Downhill Race, Dan has some super sick sh!t... He needs bikers with course design and DH race experience to help run the event. Again, all of the logistics are taken care of, and he just needs volunteers and officials.

If you are interested, please contact Dan immediately. This is a great opportunity to open up a new riding area and to work with a guy who has run some world-class motorcycle and bicycle trials events.

http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com
Dan Brown
423-942-8688 home
423-718-7069 cell

Regards,

Chris Gilligan
(423) 757-1534 work
(423) 432-5404 cell

cali4niabiker

Monkey
Jun 29, 2004
ATLANTA, GA
zappa said:
This was posted on a SORBA (Georgia) forum, but I thought I'd put it on this board to see if anyone here was interested. I don't know these guys or the location, so I don't have any more info that what's here:

Dan Brown from the Trials Training Center over in Sequatchie Valley called me to solicit some help for the TBRA races coming up in October. They will be running Trials, DH, and XC.

He said he and his crew can handle the logistics for this major event, but they are in dire need of assistance with the bike races. He needs riders to come out any evening or weekend and help him choose a course. He has a logging road uphill and a nice single track downhill that'll make a 6-7 mile course, but he needs MTB's out there to help him decide on the best lines and to point out any parts of the trails that he needs to work on.

The schedule:
Sat., Oct. 9
Bicycle Trials events
Downhill races

Sun., Oct. 10
TBRA XC races

The XC is on the TBRA calendar, but Dan needs a NORBA official to OK the course layout and to run the race. And he needs some volunteers with XC racing experience to help with pulicity and marshalling. He has the insurance, EMT, lodging, refreshments, PA and everything else under control.

For the Downhill Race, Dan has some super sick sh!t... He needs bikers with course design and DH race experience to help run the event. Again, all of the logistics are taken care of, and he just needs volunteers and officials.

If you are interested, please contact Dan immediately. This is a great opportunity to open up a new riding area and to work with a guy who has run some world-class motorcycle and bicycle trials events.

http://www.trialstrainingcenter.com
Dan Brown
423-942-8688 home
423-718-7069 cell

Regards,

Chris Gilligan
(423) 757-1534 work
(423) 432-5404 cell
I should be settled in Atlanta by the 2nd week of October. Depending on the location and distance from Atlanta (I am assuming its up N. Georgia area close to Gainesville), I might be interested racing in the XC and DH course. Email me: cali4niabiker@hotmail.com