Quantcast

DH bike put away.... Trail bike ready.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Just got back from the shore. It was my first time back in 2 summers! man i miss that area. Whistler has taken favor recently, but i'd almost say i had more fun riding CBC combos.... Dont get me wrong the magic W is all owning, but the shore is almost more magical. We saw the builders making new wavy stunts and a 10-12 year old ripper taking his dad for his first trip down a shore trail. So COOL. Overall we had a good day with only a few MAJOR mechs near the bottom. Chainwhip bent a rotor (45 degree bend), and also a friend had a blown shock... well, more like exploded, and lastly couple pinch flats. Huckwagon took us up and it was a rocking.

Now its time to rest so i can be beaten in a different way.... Skookums way..... 19.9 miles..... what was i thinking????

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Why not build a freeride bike and have the best of both worlds? :p

Glad you had fun at the Shore, I've never been, but I've been close.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'll be ready for the Shore the middle of Oct :mumble: I'm hoping the snow and rain holds off until then!

Thanks D for popping Kevin's Shore cherry :dancing:

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Cool, I'm going up to do Seymour via the Huckwagon for the first time sometime in October. If any of you who are planning to go up around then want to ride share with a very intermediate rider let me know: I've got a Sportworks with room for one more bike since my wife isn't interested in the Shore.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Mocha said:
Nice to hear you got a chance to get up there this summer. I miss it too! :( Man, I had some good times living and riding there.
I thought of you. We missed our guide. :)

We just need to make a trip to the island for some new trails.....

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
carbuncle said:
Cool, I'm going up to do Seymour via the Huckwagon for the first time sometime in October. If any of you who are planning to go up around then want to ride share with a very intermediate rider let me know: I've got a Sportworks with room for one more bike since my wife isn't interested in the Shore.
Hey Trace, let me know when your exact plans are. I've never ridden the Shore and would like to go up at some point.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Snacks said:
I'll be ready for the Shore the middle of Oct :mumble: I'm hoping the snow and rain holds off until then!

Kevin ruled it! He was even ripping the skinnies. Was so much fun.,

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
I now have a new favorite tail bike downhill. The trail down from hamilton buttes was the most perfect moto singletrack ive ever ridden (yozoo was cool too). the trail had perfect railing berms, moto whoops you could pump and get mass acceleration out of, sweet rough spots, and bumps to float over. Its 4 miles of pure fun. Only one small climb in the middle. Definatly would go back to that trail, and the views were amazing.

Snacks said:

D wasn't the only one... :eek:

Really though, Kev absolutely killed it - once though, he hit a squared rocked pretty good - thought he'd pinch his rear...

:D

Maybe next Sat?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Dads B-day next sat. :( But we go play in a pool with the kid. :)

I'd really like to get back again... Maybe do the grind up fromme? Or just huckwagon and next time go down booogie.......

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
ChainWhip said:
D wasn't the only one... :eek:

Really though, Kev absolutely killed it - once though, he hit a squared rocked pretty good - thought he'd pinch his rear...

:D

Maybe next Sat?
He's free next Saturday :dancing: Get him out there on the trails!