Quantcast

DH Bikes stink (pics inside)

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
just finished building this a few hours ago. im super excited to get on it. its been almost 2.5 months since ive ridden at all due to a collarbone and wrist breakage and the shoulder is all f'ed up and not healing correctly so no mtbiking for a while

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
ok you got a killer road bike. so you decided to anouce this by insulting DH bikes and their riders.

take it to the road fourm if you want a more positive responce

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Dirt rider said:
ok you got a killer road bike. so you decided to anouce this by insulting DH bikes and their riders.

Uhm read his post. He's been injured badly so he can't mountain bike for the near future :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
nixhexss said:
just finished building this a few hours ago. im super excited to get on it. its been almost 2.5 months since ive ridden at all due to a collarbone and wrist breakage and the shoulder is all f'ed up and not healing correctly so no mtbiking for a while

....yeah, those Tarmacs are sooooooo hot! I have been drooling over the one at the LBS. Nice!!!!!!

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Dirt rider said:

haha did i hurt your ego big bad mt biker man?

chill out, im a dher, im part of your cool clan braaaaaaaaahhhhhh

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh im a dh but those tarmacs are some bad roadie bikes. we just sold a tarmac s-works with full record and campie ****. he put on those new 800 dollar record cranks. its a really bad ass road bike. ohh well its not a dh rig and it doesnt have 9 inches of travel so its no fun, and besides lines are boring. why would you just want to stare at a yellow line or a white line. ohh well whatever floats your boat, but dh is better. lol

Mtnrider

Monkey
Jul 1, 2001
Littleton, CO
I just did the same thing only not as nice of a bike! I broke my left wrist and my right thumb about 2 months ago. I had to have surgery on the thumb, just got the cast off on Monday. I picked an Allez Elite Cromo.

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
frznnomad said:
besides lines are boring. why would you just want to stare at a yellow line or a white line
I thought the same thing for years, but its most definately not the case. Road biking isn't boreing at all. It is a different kind of excitement than mtbing, but its definately a blast. Plus, its a great way to gain fitness and endurance for dh. If you look at the training schedules for most of the elite level mtbers, they train on the road 2-3 times a week. BTW, the new Tarmacs are pimporoni, the colors are way sicker than last years. Nice ride nixhexss.

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
just like sleepinggiant said, dont hate on road til you try it. I popped my cherry about 4 months ago and it's amazing, quite the contrary to what you'd believe. Think about being no more than 3 inches from the dude in front of you, blasting down a hill going 45mph carving through curves. Oh and on top of that there's mirrors whizzing by your shoulder just to add to the excitement and danger (its not really a good thing but it makes for never a dull moment), you always need to be on your game, always. And I never thought I'd say it....well I wont, hills still suck. But when you can literally ROCKET up them, it becomes that much more fun to race your buddies up every hill.

At the end of the day you reap the benefits of an INSANELY tough and beneficial workout and you get to eat more food than imaginable. good ****

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
i used to ride on the street. i had a hardtail that i would ride to class every day for 2 years. that sh** sucks. the highlight of every ride home was a huge bump in the sidewalk... going downhill... that i would air into the middle of the street as i was trying to outrun the cars. them my roomate taco'd my rear wheel trying to keep up with me on a DH run. now we yell "TOUR DE FRANCE SUCKS!!" every time we drive past a spandex wearing roadie. they flip us off all the time. it's great! bout a month ago some dumbass tried to flip us off but he hit a pothole instead and ate his SH**. good times.

just thought i'd share that with you guys.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
nice Tarmac! i love those bikes and that blue/white is soo badass looking. i knew what you meant by posting this thread. i know your a DHer on the mend and a road bike is a fun way of working your body back into shape for downhilling. Who doesnt like a new bike!

Im about to order a new road frame, Legend's MagiCarpet. hopefully in October I'll order the frame and have it running by Christmas!

http://www.legendbicycles.com/

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
wikitypooshlag said:
i used to ride on the street. i had a hardtail that i would ride to class every day for 2 years. that sh** sucks. the highlight of every ride home was a huge bump in the sidewalk... going downhill... that i would air into the middle of the street as i was trying to outrun the cars. them my roomate taco'd my rear wheel trying to keep up with me on a DH run. now we yell "TOUR DE FRANCE SUCKS!!" every time we drive past a spandex wearing roadie. they flip us off all the time. it's great! bout a month ago some dumbass tried to flip us off but he hit a pothole instead and ate his SH**. good times.

hey loser, grow up

sleepinggiant

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
San Jose, CA
wikitypooshlag said:

Sharing that was entirely unnecessary and only showed us how immature you are. And for future refrence, riding your hardtail to class and back is not road riding, not even close.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
So Cal drivers are terrible unless they ride also....... i just found that out the hard wayi am too scared to see how much of my bike is left yet.... nice roadie though youll like it hope you get to feeling beter soon cause being hurt Blows
________
Glass Pipes

Last edited:

Colin

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
in my tiny apartment
wikitypooshlag said:

You have the gall to yell at the ones actually out riding while you're driving in your car? Makes sense to me...

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
wikitypooshlag said:

bwhahahahah i got a good laugh..... soooo many anal retentive up tight folks here.. :blah:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Ha repost here..... Road Bikes are Awesoem training...... i am a Big guy.....ok i am fat so Gravity fed is by far natural for me... But elt me tell ya Road riding has helped in so many ways ... to start 58 lbs lighter now after 6 months second stamina... specially for coarses like southridge were you got a nice nasty sprint at the end And about Yelling at the Roadies?...... Not very smart. remember alot of those guys Might work somewhere like the electric company or the phone company and usually live locall..... roadies arent always a bend over and take it type...... i personally remember cars<IS a Auto Teck> and Man i love reminding people when they do that crap to me when i recognize the car.... usually goes something like this " Hey i remember you .... Your that A$$hole that Swerved at me on my road bike over on such and such street yesterday...........Hey Ill be working on your car today.... wanna rethink your attitude?"..............Just food for thought cause people that have jobs like me have acces to License plate records.....think about it then grow up
________
Redhead live

Last edited:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
wikitypooshlag said:

have i ever ridden with you?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
wikitypooshlag said:

You should really consider dying, 'cause if you ever did that do me, I would beat the life out of you.

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
chicodude said:
You should really consider dying, 'cause if you ever did that do me, I would beat the life out of you.
if it makes u feel any better, this particular prick was so self absorbed that he cut accross our lane, comming literaly 6 inches from the front bumper, and without ever checking over his shoulder ran us onto the sidewalk. so when we caught up with him that's when we broke him off a little DH soul. Karma BIT**!!!

hey i'm pretty sure there's a road bike forum. you guys can hang out there. maybe you could all set up a date where you could all take turns pullin the 42 gram carbon seat posts out of each other's a**es.

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
lovebunny said:
have i ever ridden with you?
i don't think so but i do ride Noble about 2x a week and i ride at Ted Williams a lot. speaking of which, i can't wait for some rain. i believe some new building is in order!!! i ride a DHteam and i also ride one of those older iron horse sgs's. -- the desert brown one (mine has a boxxer on it).

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
wikitypooshlag said:
if it makes u feel any better, this particular prick was so self absorbed that he cut accross our lane, comming literaly 6 inches from the front bumper, and without ever checking over his shoulder ran us onto the sidewalk. so when we caught up with him that's when we broke him off a little DH soul. Karma BIT**!!!

hey i'm pretty sure there's a road bike forum. you guys can hang out there. maybe you could all set up a date where you could all take turns pullin the 42 gram carbon seat posts out of each other's a**es.

Hey, Guess what? I DH too. I ride road to stay in shape for DH.

What the hell is DH soul? Wishing bad on others?

I got mad at some dude for taking off in front of me on some DH trial, so I broke off a lil' DH soul and threw a stick in his spokes.

You're a tool

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
yeh okay wik im not a roadie fan either, but trashing on a guy for doing what they love to do isnt going to do anything but turn this hole forum on you and get you band. maybee you should take your alluminum seat tube from the dh team and shove it up your ass. cause nobody cares what you have to say. then when you do that pull it out and maybee you will start respecting other riders. :stosh: :nope: :nope: :angry: :angry:

I do agree some of them can be pricks but be the bigger man and ignore those few and maybee actually get to know some of the cool ones that dh too.

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
chicodude said:
Hey, Guess what? I DH too. I ride road to stay in shape for DH.

What the hell is DH soul? Wishing bad on others?

I got mad at some dude for taking off in front of me on some DH trial, so I broke off a lil' DH soul and threw a stick in his spokes.

You're a tool

yeah i ride DH to stay in shape for DH. <DH SOUL and sheesh all you guys who say i'm "hating" on another cyclist.... all i said was "tour de france sucks." and i only say that cus it's funny as hell to watch someone get so pissed about something so trivial. i could give 2 sh**'s about tour de france. in fact i think it's great that lance beats out all the euro trash! it's not like i'm personally insulting anyone, i'm just havin some fun!!! haha but u guys are uptight as all fu**!!!.

the humor is in the irony. the guy cut us off. then tried to flip us off and ate sh**, to me that's funny... sorry if i pissed off all the DH roadies.