Quantcast

DH cravings

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
so all the downhill races for the rest of the year are over 3 hrs away from richmond and I can't go that far i've been puting up with it pretty well but whenever i walk out the door I see my bike and get this crazy craving to go downhilling. Any suggestions to keep me from throwing myself off my roof, because i know my bike can't handle a drop to flat that big.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
BIRDMAN111 said:
get that mountain biking video game "downhill domination" for ps2 is supposed to be sweet. but maybe ittl make it worse.
it is awsome but i ccompleted it in 2 days. then i returnned it and said it wount work.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
bballboy388 said:
go to the shed its only a hour or so from richmond

are you retarded?

The Shed is an hour or so from DC, and DC is 2 hours or so from Richmond :)

There is plenty to ride around Richmond, you just have to know where to look. PM me and we can hook up sometime and ride. Also check out www.cyclingcentralva.org for some local riding.

If getting a ride to the races is the problem, there are quite a few people around richmond that go to the races, i'm sure we can fit you in somewhere....

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
I've got downhill domination and beten it... twice. I've been going to pocohantas and belle island doing xc with my friends. I did the race at camp hilbert last weekend but its hard to find a place thats downhill oriented.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
dairy_dude said:
I've got downhill domination and beten it... twice. I've been going to pocohantas and belle island doing xc with my friends. I did the race at camp hilbert last weekend but its hard to find a place thats downhill oriented.
Where do you live? I'm in the upper fan, and always looking for someone to ride with. I'm telling you, there is stuff to ride....... if you like street.

Even on Belle there is some stuff, all the hills to the left of the main loop, some of them are pretty freakin hard!

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Do what i've been doing since i got back a few weeks ago from injury. Buy a fixie and ride road with mountain bikers who like to sprint and cruise around town.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
just move.

buy a place at the base of a mt.
build trails.
make friends with pick-up owners.

ya gotta be willing to drive.

dairy_dude

Chimp
Nov 19, 2004
dhbuilder said:
just move.

buy a place at the base of a mt.
build trails.
make friends with pick-up owners.

ya gotta be willing to drive.
It's not that i'm not willing to drive but at 16 my parents aren't willing to let me, and as for selling the bike I still like to ride it i just wish i could do it more.

dhphoto

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
Lynchburg VA
dairy_dude said:
It's not that i'm not willing to drive but at 16 my parents aren't willing to let me, and as for selling the bike I still like to ride it i just wish i could do it more.

Well thats no good...I hear ya though, at that age I remember not being able to do a lot of stuff. Stupid parents can get in the way of lots of stuff. I guess either follow some of these guys advice, or find another way around it. But this too shall pass, so dont sweat it too much.