Quantcast

DH ebay find of the day - not overly priced either

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
That thing has "Trail 66 Series" (circa 1998) written all over it. I must have seen a dozen of those babies at each event back then, and believe me, they looked like a bad idea even in those ancient times.

--JP

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
The only problem with those is that if you whip a really flat table - they take off. That big airfoil downtube will carry you up to about 10,000 feet, then stall.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...see - this is what happens when roadies try to design a DH bike. They create it in their own image.

Looks like a Trek road bike that got gang-raped by a Gemini, a Karpiel Disco, and a DHR...

...only roadies would put airfoil shaped tubing on a DH bike. :blah: :D

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BigMike said:
does 16 bad transactions out of almost 400 count as terrible feedback?
He has a 95% Feedback rate, or 5% of his transactions are complaints.

You could also delve into it deeper, like most of his positives are purchases, and the 5% is only sales.

I have a 100% rate, and I try to buy from people who have 99% or higher. No need to be No 17.

roberts

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
Have any of the bidders been to a Supergo and looked at the Iron Horse bikes for not much more.

The guy must have friends, etc. bidding to raise the price.

hucked2bend

Monkey
May 24, 2005
Bend, Oregon
W4S said:
Selling off the fleet, Stu?

I want a Turner XCE made special for DH, can you talk to Dave for me?

Seriously, that bike will get someone hurt.
For you, any bike you need, I can get. Your Highline with the SID carbon fork w/ lockout will be shipped tomorrow.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
BigMike said:
does 16 bad transactions out of almost 400 count as terrible feedback?

I counted 21......but 5 were from the same user. YOu didn't factor in all the "neutral" ratings as well that don't count against you......but still are not positive.

mtnbikej

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA