Quantcast

DH forks: Foes FIXTD vs Avy MTN8 vs White Brot.

Jan 3, 2006
Have you ever ridden one on this forks.
I,m riding 888 rc on my Racelink bmw and I would like to switch them ,so what you think?
tanks

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i have no experienced on the forks, but here's what i've gathered from other people. the foes is extremely overpriced and doesn't actually have the greatest damping. the avy is heavy but feels pretty nice. i haven't really heard anything on the white brothers stuff, it seems like there is a good number of people wondering how they work but not many really end up buying them.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
I rode a foes for one year.

As he says above.. the curnutt is close to ZERO small bump compliance. I would stay away from this fork.. No matter how you set it up, it still feels like your hands are going to fall off in the studder bumps. The AVY or any of the new boxxers/Marzocchi 888 would do what you are looking for.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
White supposedly works nice but has many issues. Avy feels great bo so deoes my rc2x.

Cannon

Chimp
Feb 11, 2006
Try a MP Closed Cartridge on a Boxxer and you´ll be completely stunned over the awsom performance.....

Greetz, Cannon

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
What do you weigh?

The Avy weight isnt that bad if you get the single dampner and ti springs as long as you are under 180.

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Just keep the 888, its a great fork, maybe get the rc2x, if you really want a inverted then stay away from the foes, the small bump compliance is sh!t. I've heard the avy is a great fork but I have no experience with it.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
What problems do the White Brothers have?
If the Avvys are as good as their shocks and you don't mind the weight,they'd be nice to check out. Do a search for reviews on them.
Check out the new Kowa Inverted or nomal 200mm forks coming out. I have the 160ss and 200ss Proto and they feel very nice,even Marzochhi like..

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Avalanche is coming out with some sort of 888 upgrade if you're itching to 'change' something without taking a chance on getting something you might not be happy with.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
the whitebros are solid forks. i ran mine for 3 years without an issue & the only maintenance was a yearly cleaning & oil change - it's still on original bushings & seals. they are a bit heavy by modern standards (~7.75lbs), but in the ballpark of the other forks you're considering.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
but who knows, it just might work!@

that said, all they do with the works is put a slightly different kind of oil in and put a teflon coat on the stantions - they don't do any hardware changes.

edit: oh and they charge you several hundred dollars for the treatment you could have done yourself for 20-30.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
No direct link for info on it, but call Marzocchi up, and ask them for a description and price, might feel a bit costly, but its still alot cheaoer than a whole new fork and trust me, youll like it. I sent one in awhile back and got new crowns rebuild service and a works kit for 250. on top of that, they will help set it up for you. Marz has some really great people working for them.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
Concerning the MTN-8. It is a big and heavy fork, also compared to the DHF versions. The upper fork legs are 50mm in diameter, but the fork is very stiff. Damping wise I think it is as good as it gets, but as said it is indeed heavy. Good for huckers and people who are very abusive on their bikes and dont care about weight, but only about reliability.