Quantcast

dh forum continuingly getting the chinese virus

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I spoke to the manager a lot last spring when this started happening. He refused to put a limit on the number of threads a new user could start the first day they create an account.

The manager deserves wrath. And it's whiskey season.
The manager has not "refused."

If you're so certain that this could just be done easily, explain how. I'm happy to modify any XenForo2 setting that you can find that will accomplish this task.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
The manager has not "refused."

If you're so certain that this could just be done easily, explain how. I'm happy to modify any XenForo2 setting that you can find that will accomplish this task.
First of all, thanks for the hard work. Maintaining a forum site with all the stupid vulnerabilities introduced by the various dependencies is a rolling nightmare. And that doesn't even include dealing with all the user/content moderation.

I'm no expert (or newbie for that matter) in Xenforo, but maybe this solution would apply here?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In all seriousness, I've only suggested that as a possible solution because I've been subjected to it on other forums, so I know it's possible on some platforms. I do believe those were Vbulletin or some other template though. Don't know if anyone was using xenforo