Quantcast

DH/FR/DJ around Raleigh-Duram DUKE area

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I was told to move my inquiry out of Virginia & Surrounding areas to the South forum. Here's my original post:

There's a chance I might be moving to the Raleigh/Durham area, is there good DH/FR/DJ spots aound here? I know about some of the parks in WV and such, but I'm looking to not have to drive far away to ride. I live near Santa Cruz in California, and have gotten used to being close to tons of sick riding. Would I be SOL around DUKE, or is there close areas that I could live and commute to Raleigh? Any info would help, just trying to get a better idea of the area. Thanks.

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
define commute......Raleigh is about 3 hrs away from some of the sweetest mountain trails this country has to offer. but as far as DH trails in the raleigh/durham area, there isn't much. theres a handful of DJ's spots that shall remain nameless for obvious reasons..... hope that helps you out

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
A commute for me could be 45 to an hour. I lived in Orange County for 5 years and did that. I'd rather live a half hour away from Duke, but I could manage. Any recomendations for places to live and ride would be sweet.

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
It couldn't be that bad? I don't remember feeling uneasy when I was there a while ago. Is it really that ghetto? I lived 2 cities away from south central Los Angeles and I was only sketched at night occasionally. Is it pretty easy to stay out of bad neighborhoods? In LA it was, so I never really was in trouble. No one is amking me feel like this would be a good move either.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
It couldn't be that bad? I don't remember feeling uneasy when I was there a while ago. Is it really that ghetto? I lived 2 cities away from south central Los Angeles and I was only sketched at night occasionally. Is it pretty easy to stay out of bad neighborhoods? In LA it was, so I never really was in trouble. No one is amking me feel like this would be a good move either.
We've got plenty of good spots....c'mon down, we'll show you around.