Quantcast

DH/FR Rain Jacket

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
I was just wondering what kind of bike rain jackets you have. I may be going to the Vancouver and Whistler. this summer. Said I should bring a bike rain jacket. Any recommendations?

TA..

!
Aug 21, 2007
Bionics department
Have a Fox Ive had for 4 odd years been indestructible, it breathes and is plain black under arm vents, its down a downhill season of practice days, we always seem to get rain on practice days:huh:

But I got a Royal camo last year haven't used it it looks light, not sure how it will hold up compared to the Fox, lots of vents yada yada.

Race Face jackets are the bizz to, I woulda gone there but never had in in my size at the time, just look for some kind of adjustable vents, I get warm riding but then cold on the shuttle so I found having some zipped venting to open and close was helpful..

:monkeydance:

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Couldnt find the jackets on race face's website. Someone send me a link por favor. Does 661 make any jackets? I have seen people wearing them, just can't find them on their website.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Looks like RF pulled their stuff, I hope just for the summer.

I have two RF jackets, a DH jacket and a XC. I have crashed in both and both are still in one piece.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Can somebody send me some links for jackets. I don't see jackets on the raceface site or 661 or dakine. I am liking the fox and helly hanson though. The colors I like are brown and black and gray.

thanks a lot

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
X2! I also have one that has held up very well. And it's roomy enough to fit over armor (Flak Jacket). It's also made of rip-stop material if you do get some tears in it. I have the orange version that also has its benefits for riding during hunting season.

toby
Another nice bonus about the orange one is that if you just happen to find yourself at the Walmart near Massanutten, VA during a torrential downpour, you can pick up a pair of $15 windpants in UVA orange, pair them with the jacket, and get that just-escaped-from-prison look for your mud suit. :thumb:

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
You going in the summer? Might not even be needed.

I have a Roach jacket I've been using for years and years, and it still looks new (after washing the mud off) RaceFace are the same general design as the old Roach still.
If you can't find one before you go, buy one from a shop downtown when you're there if you need it.
Summers are generally pretty hot/dry. Spring and Fall is when they're needed.

Tweety

Chimp
May 30, 2007
You going in the summer? Might not even be needed.

I have a Roach jacket I've been using for years and years, and it still looks new (after washing the mud off) RaceFace are the same general design as the old Roach still.
If you can't find one before you go, buy one from a shop downtown when you're there if you need it.
Summers are generally pretty hot/dry. Spring and Fall is when they're needed.
Unless it's in August, you'll likely need it. It's also possible you'll need it on the upper mountain in August. Enjoy!