Quantcast

DH Frame

canfieldF1

Chimp
Mar 25, 2004
Im looking to get a new DH frame. I want it to be pretty dh specific. Right now im looking at: Canfield Brothers F1, Turner Dhr, Foes Fly, and Santa Cruz v10. The price has so be under $2300(USD) new. Anything hear about these bikes? Pro/Cons? Pics? Reviews? anything

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by canfieldF1
Im looking to get a new DH frame. I want it to be pretty dh specific. Right now im looking at: Canfield Brothers F1, Turner Dhr, Foes Fly, and Santa Cruz v10. The price has so be under $2300(USD) new. Anything hear about these bikes? Pro/Cons? Pics? Reviews? anything
What about a Karpiel Disco Volante?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by canfieldF1
while I'm sure that it excels at DH, the fly is not neccesarily "dh specific". It's designed somewhat to be able to climb when needed (not that thats a bad thing). I think that the v10, dhr, and f1 may be better all out decenders than the fly.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by MMike
It's.........gasp....just too painful.....

MMike why don't you look at your girl a little to ease of the pain? ;)

@ theoriginal poster:

without having my own canfield F1 yet.

GET ONE!!!!!

take this with a grain of salt, since i really have no riding time on the F1.
i just judge it by my Canfield Fatty fat which is an awesome bike, but a little heavy. the F1 should be way lighter and ride similar.
you will love it :)

can't wait to get mine :D

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
i feel the fly is as good if not a better descender then the bikes mentioned given the right enviroment(duh). if your trails are tight, technical, and not the steepest of dh trails, i feel there is not better bike for the job. then again, im biased.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I've ridden a friend's fly ONLY on DH trails and I thought it was very well suited. It felt like my turner just a little steeper but that could be easily fixed with fork height etc.

In that list are very different riding bikes. You want a couch or something to finesse around a bit?

Mar 3, 2004
England!
This will sound silly but: Brooklyn Race Link.

You may now laugh...

However, i had a little parking lot kind of test on a Brooklyn Race Link. It was 44lbs, I sprinted from one place to another and i could not feel bob, every pedal stroke was blissfully efficent. it felt light (it was only 44lbs with an 888). The guy in charge of distribution here said he got a Race Link under 40lbs. now thats amazing.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
San Andreas Shockwave 9.5

Now there's a reccomendation as pointless as this whole post. We know nothing about how or where Mr. Canfield Advocate rides or what he dislikes about his current canfield if he has one at all. What ever happened to the sticky about how to post eloquent questions.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Originally posted by Kornphlake
San Andreas Shockwave 9.5

Now there's a reccomendation as pointless as this whole post. We know nothing about how or where Mr. Canfield Advocate rides or what he dislikes about his current canfield if he has one at all. What ever happened to the sticky about how to post eloquent questions.
hehe you're right
my post was just shameless advertising :)