Quantcast

DH Frames with a Low Standover

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Sorry if this has been posted before; I didn't see it in a search...

Curious as to which frames you guys would recommend that have a low standover height. Numbers on a website don't "really" tell the complete picture...

I was thinking about a Turner DHR...

Thanks in Advance -

jeb4

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
jeb4 said:
Sorry if this has been posted before; I didn't see it in a search...

Curious as to which frames you guys would recommend that have a low standover height. Numbers on a website don't "really" tell the complete picture...

I was thinking about a Turner DHR...

Thanks in Advance -

jeb4
here's a very relevant thread that i started a while back:

a LOW dh fs frame

Sep 10, 2001
Seattle,WA
Hey jeb4,

The rl9's (rotec) have this for Standover, Sm/28, med/29 and Lg/30.

This is with an average bb height of 14.25 to 14.75 depending on your fork as well as a 9.5x3 for 9 inches of rear travel.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
kidwoo said:
DH Frames with a Low Standover?

Most of them.
i think he means relative to other dh bikes, not in comparison to road bikes :hot:

the balfa/appalache is way low. bmw too

the ironhorse is a bad call. the ST on that is 19" on a large. lame.

DHmom

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
I'm in the market for a new bike. I need it to be low and the RL9 seems to be pretty good. Just wondering what you think about its quality and performance.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The regular sized orange 224 (15") has an extremely low standover. About 27" mid top tube I believe with 2.5" Michelins and a Fox 40.

I'd measure, but I have no wheels to put on it at the moment.

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
the ironhorse is a bad call. the ST on that is 19" on a large. lame.
While the ST on Sunday is available is 16/17/19", all three sizes have the same standover - bout 29-30" depending on tires and fork set-up.

-ska todd

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
The regular sized orange 224 (15") has an extremely low standover. About 27" mid top tube I believe with 2.5" Michelins and a Fox 40.

I'd measure, but I have no wheels to put on it at the moment.

Dead sexy.

That is all.

DHMom said:
I'm in the market for a new bike. I need it to be low and the RL9 seems to be pretty good. Just wondering what you think about its quality and performance.
Grab one. You won't be sorry. I've got a full season on one, and it's begging for more. I'm 6'7" and not easy on equipment and the fact that nothing has broken on me (o.k....a derailleur here and there...but whatev...) is very satisfying.

Quality = Very High
Performance = Second to none

Very low standover, rails corners, flys straight. I rode with a girl that was 5'4"-ish (obviously she had a small...) and she absolutely loved hers.

Mine's a bit bigger....

but you get the picture.

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
Check out Geoff's at Diablo this weekend, You'll like it :happydance:

If it can hold up to His abuse, which it has, I'm sure it take anything You can throw at it. The quality is equal or better to anything He has rode including intense, ironhorse and foes. The customer service is second to none, what other bike company can You talk to the owner on His cell as often as You like ??