Quantcast

DH gear for broken riders.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
I have a knee brace that I will for the most part always have to ride with now. Problem is finding DH armor/pads for BMX bike that will work with it. I have been toying with the ideal of making safety gear for bikes with knee and elbo braces built in for those of us permagimps. Am I alone in this world?:mumble:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Do you think any of the 661 Moto knee-brace/armor combos would work for you? CLICK HERE to check out their MX-2 brace. It comes armored. They've got three different models, but that one looks like the most support+protection. All of these are on their moto gear side rather than the bicyle stuff and may fill the bill. Good Luck!

Jun 18, 2004
Evs makes the goods as well as Astrix...

I bought my evs Rs7's below retail on eBay... I bought 2 for less than the retail of 1...

I rode them under snowboard pants afew years back once or twice... they seem to fit under freeride shorts just fine...

SJ10

Chimp
Dec 11, 2004
It's a niche market that hasn't really been filled yet. I use the Astrix braces which work pretty well. I ended up cutting the shin guard off my roach fr pads and using zip ties to secure them to the bottom of my braces. Most of the stuff out there is made for moto and thus meant to work with high boots. So in other words, a good knee brace that has a well padded knee cup and a good shin guard may be something to look into.

SJ

dirtmover

Monkey
Jun 14, 2005
Sorry to here that another RM gets to wear knee brace while riding. I have a Donjoy knee brace that I also get to wear when riding or boarding. The Fox Launch works really well over my knee brace. What kind of brace are you wearing?

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
dirtmover said:
Sorry to here that another RM gets to wear knee brace while riding. I have a Donjoy knee brace that I also get to wear when riding or boarding. The Fox Launch works really well over my knee brace. What kind of brace are you wearing?
I get to have mine on anytime I'm not sleeping:redhot:
The doc mad a half joking coment about just taking my ACL out since all I will do it rip it up again if he fixes it.:rolleyes:
I just wear the one he gave me with old Hammer combo pads but they don't have a knee cap protector for stuff I would like to ride but am fearful to without the added protection. Maybe I'll just hav him make me a robo leg and replace mine:)