Quantcast

dh helmets

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
i need to get a new helmet....
so i gotta ask for some opinions here to get a better idea of what is best for me:
i'm not really concerned too much about speed, so weight really isn't a large concern.
it's gotta be strong! when i crash, i usually crash wicked awesome.

now, all my friends are convinced that the only helmet in the world is a troy lee---which is cool and all, but if i can get the right helmet to the tune of a couple hundred dollars cheaper then i'm all for it.
however, if tld really is as great as stripper boobs then i guess i'll buck up for a new lid.

what do you guys ride? any opinions about other lids?

dirtbagrich

Chimp
Mar 5, 2007
Auburn, Washington
I used to have a Bell Bellistic, one crash and the jaw piece pretty much disintegrated. Now I have an O'neal motocross helmet, a little warmer, but way more protection, not to mention I feel safer, so my riding has improved also.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Bell has a brand new helmet coming out for 2008/. Made specifically for Dh, not a modified BMX, MX or any other helmet. Should see some protos floating around on bell athletes heads mid 2007 season.

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe
I have a 2007 D2 and a 2005 or 2006 661 Full Bravo, and I must say the difference in comfort is hoge. I don't even notice it when the D2 is on my head, and because of that I feel safer too, it just doesn't fel so fragile as the 661.