Quantcast

DH in Pomona/Claremont Area?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Anything nearby? Relatively nearby? Dirt jumps/parks/street? I'm there for college next year and I'll have a car but I need to know what bikes to bring... thanks.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
Not much DH in that exact area and Socal kinda sucks for park like DH oportunities. However, I suggest you check the Socal section for good spots. There are some Dh type trails in a 75 mi radius of that area...mostly shuttles and if you're willing to travel an hour or 2 theres stuff in San Diego to Santa Barbara. Pretty close to you is TroyLee/Skyline trail in Corona...thats pretty fun! If you're into XC/Trail riding...there is quite a bit ofthat all around:mad:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Bring all your bikes. In South CA, there is about every kind of riding: dh, fr, dj, urban, xc. Baldy should be done by then (chair lift assited DH).

OAKLEYMAN

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
hey there my name is matt and i am also lookin for places to ride here in san diego! please let me know if you find n e where! thanks!

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Bring a dirt capable hardtail. There's a decent amount of street to ride, but dirt is hard to come by. There are some DJs in Norco, and Skyline like mentioned before, but that's pretty much it.

nanhar

Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Riverside, CA
I've heard it is quite overgrown. Here's the directions:

Troy Lee Trail

get off on licolin and go south turn right on lemon about a mile up i think i tthat is the name of the street. i know the street by the look i don't realy remeber the name. and go a bout 1/4 mile and go south again which would be a left from "Lemon" i think the name of the street is moon ridge. and go up until that street ends and go right and that should put you at the drainage ditch and go left up to the gate.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Congrats man, I just graduated from pomona so I know the trails pretty well. Mt wilson in pasadena is awesome (half an hour away) and a dh bike makes the rocks much less obnoxious. Fontana is 20 min away so if you like to race (or just ride southridge) you can do that easily.

Marshall canyon is a great run when it gets torn up by the rain (big ruts and lots of interesting trail) and it is riding distance from campus. Unfortunately, you have to ride up the fireroad in the claremont wilderness park to get to it, no shuttlin unless you're willing to cut out half the trail.

There is some very gnarly freeriding on potato mountain, and lots more DH if you're willing to drive a bit.

Urban on the campuses is pretty fun as well. PM me for the secret stuff if you like getting airborne. I also know all the riders at the 5 colleges and I ran the mtb club last year, so i can get you hooked up with some group rides if you want.

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Have fun man.

Those schools are more like permanent summer camp. With lots of beer. I don't see how any of those kids manage to learn anything. I drove down several times from Berkeley just to get hosed.

Which school?

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
skatetokil said:
Congrats man, I just graduated from pomona so I know the trails pretty well. Mt wilson in pasadena is awesome (half an hour away) and a dh bike makes the rocks much less obnoxious. Fontana is 20 min away so if you like to race (or just ride southridge) you can do that easily.

Marshall canyon is a great run when it gets torn up by the rain (big ruts and lots of interesting trail) and it is riding distance from campus. Unfortunately, you have to ride up the fireroad in the claremont wilderness park to get to it, no shuttlin unless you're willing to cut out half the trail.

There is some very gnarly freeriding on potato mountain, and lots more DH if you're willing to drive a bit.

Urban on the campuses is pretty fun as well. PM me for the secret stuff if you like getting airborne. I also know all the riders at the 5 colleges and I ran the mtb club last year, so i can get you hooked up with some group rides if you want.
FVCK Yea! Thanks alot man, this is exactly what I want to hear. PM sent.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
SirChomps-a-Lot said:
Have fun man.

Those schools are more like permanent summer camp. With lots of beer. I don't see how any of those kids manage to learn anything. I drove down several times from Berkeley just to get hosed.

Which school?
hahahahahahahah yeaaaa

Pomona.