Quantcast

dh in shelton??

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Theres a DH trail in shelton. I couldnt give good directions there and dont know the status of using it... but its there. A few races were held there... its a cool place. I know of someone saying he was thinking of seeing about making some new trails, but thats nothing to count on just yet.

Green Mtn would also be a good palce to go. Its a bit further than belfair, but in tghat general area. Its not real DH, but i hear it can be fun on the big bikes. Ive done it in XC mode and its a rippign place.

Theres aslo some good riding down in olympia in capital forest. I ride my Dh bike there quite a bit on #30. Its nothing like a real DH course, but is challenging at speed. The baby head sections will teach ya about good line choice and luck.....

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
buildyourown said:
The course in Shelton is a lot of fun but you have to push. The gate for that road is closed. Easily one of my favorite trails.
Some people round here have the keys though...... or at least the used to......

WSUDirtrider

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Montesano
If you want to drive a bit head on down to Montesano, we have a nice DH couse that you can easily find since you can see it from the road and as long as the woods aren't closed due to fire danger it is open for riding. If you need directions just pm me

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
Some people round here have the keys though...... or at least the used to......
At certain times of the year the gate is open, I think around hunting season?
Just don't wear your fake deer skin chest protector with horns mounted to your helmet.......