Quantcast

Dh or FR bike rentals for Snowshoe

rideout

Chimp
Sep 15, 2009
Asheville
Headed up this to Snowshoe weekend and plan on taking the wife. Are there any places to rent a bike for her other than on the mountain, that might be cheaper/better quality?

Also, is it a bad idea to go up on a race weekend and not be racing?

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
snowshoe has rentals....freeride bike with a single crown fork i think is 85 bucks and a dh bike with dual crown is 125 i think and i wouldent worry about the race,,,there is alot of trail on the ohther side of the east side of the mtn,,,i dont think they race that side

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Call Snowshoe's rental department and ask to speak with Mike Valach...aka Mikey. Tell him Butch and all the other ridemonkey goons sent you and you'll make sure she's on a decent bike.

You should rent there because if it gets messed up, the shop is right there. And a race weekend is a great time to ride the other trails b/c most are spending their time on the track and leaving you all the other stuff.

rideout

Chimp
Sep 15, 2009
Asheville
Thanks Gentlemen. This will be her first DH experience so I want it to be a good one.

I think she will enjoy the smoother faster trails on the western side.

rocketmatt17

Monkey
Sep 10, 2007
Stay away from upper and lower hairball for your wife. I brought my wife last weekend and those two western trails were a nice walk if ya know what I mean

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
chainsmoke, ninja bob, missing link, and powerline are all wife friendly on the western side.c,d,e,k,j,m,n,o and raging bull are all pretty mellow on the basin side. I think the race is on m and o but I am not sure.Have fun.