Quantcast

DH race at Infineon!!!!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
That's sweet. I don't remember many hills there, but I'm sure it will be cool. A good DH race doesn't need a big hill anyway, look at the Firestone DH.

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
ricebowls, is there another link besides the one you posted? I tried it a couple times and it didn't work. Anyway, another dh race close by is always good... I'll be there.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I just talked with Mr. Sutton extensivly about the infinfeon race and it is really cool sounding. They are going to make it more retro and historic as it will close out the season and directly contrast the Sea otter being season opener and it's "everything new" atmosphere. The Dh race will run with individual shuttles that will personally cater you back up the hill. The course is actually already cut and being designed by Weir and his crew. Nor-Cal rep! Very exciting as it will also be the last chance qualifier for Mammoth being the weekend right before. You heard it here first folks...

ricebowls

Monkey
May 24, 2002
san francisco
PHP:
he course is actually already cut and being designed by Weir and his crew. Nor-Cal rep! Very exciting as it will also be the last chance qualifier for Mammoth being the weekend right before.
wow that's suprising since it's still well over a month a way but cool all tha same. should be in really good shape by the time of the race. maybe they'd be down with leaving it open as a regular place to ride and not just for the race.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Yeti DHer said:
Thanks... I just registered. Is this going to be a one time deal or will it happen every year? Hope its good...

Chris
No sweat. Hopefully it's every year. I know that this year, for me, it's a last ditch effort to qualify for mammoth.

Wow, really cool to have another semi-local venue! Their web site is pretty well laid out too. Just hope the course is decent. On the registration page, it shows the current number of registered atheletes in each class. Now, if they get the times posted and the award ceremony handled in a similarly efficient manner, that'd be a nice change of pace vs. the SO.

https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Item.aspx?item_id=711

Backpack1

Monkey
Mar 16, 2005
GNORKAL
A race is a race...if you are a local and call yourself a DHer, you damn well better race it. That said, it will probably be more of a GGG type course because the Norcal hill it's on is a relatively smooth, large, rounded bump (the biggest hill in the venue up from the newish Karting track). Actually the GGG probably had a lot more natural terrain to work with, so probably it will be mainly man-made using "plenty of natural jumps, g-outs, banked and off-camkber turns" - a quote from the brochure I received yesterday. If you did the Sea Otter, Sutton will be sending you a flyer shortly. SAme info as the website, prolly.

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
supposedly weir & the wtb guys are in charge of the dh course,
so should be good -- not alot o' elevation change to work with tho,
so hopefully it won't be a seaotter type o' pseudo-dh....according to the infineon media guy, with a long lens you can film the whole run from top to bottom, so we shall see....

Jul 1, 2005
oakland, CA
ricebowls said:
hey theo, how was canada?

hey eric --
it was sick! had tons o' fun,
shot lots o' footie up there, n on the
way back down hit up some really good spots
in washington & oregon.....just starting to log in
the clips, so we'll see how it turns out!
talk to you soon,
t