Quantcast

DH race March 25th-26th 06 CHDH aka GGG @ carnegie!!!!!!!!!!!

btownblake

Chimp
Dec 10, 2005
Get Ready!!!!!!!!the Groovy Gravity Games has changed to the CHDH .Same place same area just a new fresh crew.
For 06 team wrong way has passed the torch to myself a few other diehard
moutain bikers. We want to make this next race better than ever.Hopefully it wont rain on us this time. Even though it was a ton of fun to watch people slidiing down the G-out on there backs!For the past 5 years its been a Great race and every year it gets better so this year we'll have More Jumps ,More Venders , More Swag,Bigger sound system,
DJs ,Monster Energy drinks "hopefully",T-shirts,photographers, Maybe a $100 freeway section contest for the fastest rider threw that section ,More practice etc......
.I'm going to build some stunts like the ones that were at the sea otter classic too .Also thinking about a wooden vert wall burm thing.Web site in the works for online registration/info/pics.
Since OLN said last year we couldn't use the words "gravity games "
We've come up with a new name CHDH ,Corral Hollow Downhill "info on the name below"
Team Wrong way is not holding the race in 06 but a few of there members are going to help out.The date I have for the race is March 25-26th,thats 2 weeks before the sea otter. We'll also have a back up rain day/race the following weekend if it rains again.I think it will be the 1st nor-cal DH race of the year.
Phil Segura, ridesfo.com/ Eric Sterner , Gravity skills /Tao Dillworth, Alloutprodux.com/and my self Blake Von Knopka , Wrench Science.com & a ton of Great Bay-Area riders will be in charge of the race .
You can go to teamwrongway.com & alloutprodux.com to see video of last years mud fest.I'll be posting more info when we get closer to March.
Hope to see yah there!
Thankx
Blake VonKnopka
blakevk@gmail.com
> The race is run at Carnegie State Vehicle Recreation Area
,http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1172
which is
> located
> in Corral Hollow, a deep valley that runs from Livermore to
the San
> Joaquin
> Valley.
There's a short account of Corral Hollow history at this site:
>
> >http://www.baynature.com/2001fall/tesla_fall2001.html
>

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
There are all the normal classes (Beg, Sport, Ex, Pro), but I don't think it's Norba sanctioned.

It's a fun race. If it's roughly the same course as last year, it's really high-speed on kinda rutted hardpack. They build some berms and jumps on it too. The course is between 2 and 3 minutes long, pros were getting under 2 minutes. There aren't really any rocks or roots to speak of, but they have a habit of putting a man-made rock garden somewhere on the course (don't do that this time please).

mtnbrider, you should come, it'll be worth it.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Awesome. I love that race. it's the fastest course I think i have ever ridden. Did it on my small bike last year and that freeway section turned into a rythm section. i had to double all the brake bumps they were so rough. Love it, love it, love it. Thanks, H

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Oh my goodness:eek: I just watched the video! People are sliding all over the place, riding on what looks like wet peanut butter:oink:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Snacks said:
What is the course like? I could see making at trip down for some fun:)
We'll let you into the state if you bring Oly so I can look at his phantom turner.

Course is mostly wide open fast singletrack. In the past the organizers have put up little features like some wooden ramps and piles of rocks but overall, nothing very technical. It's a social event as much as anything. I would say that it would be fun for you pnwesterners to get out of the rain but last year's enigma kind of nullifies that.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
We'll let you into the state if you bring Oly so I can look at his phantom turner.

Course is mostly wide open fast singletrack. In the past the organizers have put up little features like some wooden ramps and piles of rocks but overall, nothing very technical. It's a social event as much as anything. I would say that it would be fun for you pnwesterners to get out of the rain but last year's enigma kind of nullifies that.
Are you going to be there this year?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
kidwoo said:

I would be surprised if Oly had his Highline by then:p

Humm...it looks like fun! I can't think of any event than we've had that was as messy as that one:)

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
The funny thing is it was only nasty after the experts. I had a really great run because the ground got a light sprinkle that laid all the dust down and got it just tacky enough. Fun, goodness.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Heath Sherratt said:
The funny thing is it was only nasty after the experts. I had a really great run because the ground got a light sprinkle that laid all the dust down and got it just tacky enough. Fun, goodness.
When I was pushing up the hill it started to sprinkle, when I got to the top 45 min before my run it just downpoured for about 30 min straight. I watched everyone at that point crash on the first straight away:eek: I went down 6 times on my race run, twice on the G-out.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
OH-YEAAAAAH!!! This is gonna be good! I sat out last year with a broken wrist and still came home covered head to toe in mud!! Of course...... that could have been because I drank all dam day...:confused:

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Heath Sherratt said:
I was stoked to race in JrX, I came down after the hour of sun when the sprinkle was starting. Then I got down and it started to pour and I watched all the Beg/Sport people slide down the G-out.

mtnbrider, it's really close to Livermore and there are lots of hotels there.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I saw the helmet Cam. It would be cool if I did good in the junior <18, because I only have a hardtail. I want to see how I would do against FS bikes.