Quantcast

Dh racer moving to Maui

jsnsanchez

Chimp
Feb 9, 2005
I'm moving to Maui soon and I'm looking for any info regarding any kind of mountain biking over there. I know there are 3 legal crosscountry trails but I was hoping to find some downhill. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks. See you at Mammoth!

jake133

Monkey
Jan 21, 2005
SLC, Utah
I went there and rode some sweet trails. If you have seen The Collective some of the trails in there are sweet and skyline trail that starts on the top of the crater. i think if you went to one of the local bike shops they could tell you more.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
There is some INSANE DH there. Think: 2 hour DH runs from the top of a dormant volcano where your brakes get so hot they make water sizzle.

The best guy to talk to is Paul Parrish of Crater cycles. Drop him a line at Parrish@hawaii.rr.com, and tell him John P. sent you.

--JP

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
jsnsanchez said:
I'm moving to Maui soon and I'm looking for any info regarding any kind of mountain biking over there. I know there are 3 legal crosscountry trails but I was hoping to find some downhill. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks. See you at Mammoth!
Jason! You're moving to Maui?!!

OK, check it out:
http://drexlernet.tripod.com/040127_BC_Haleakala.doc.htm
This is "The Bruise Chronicles: Down the Spine of Mt Haleakala"

C U @ Mammoth! :thumb:

-laura