Quantcast

dh racing, should I?

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Im a newcomer to dh racing, ive seen it always wanted to do and this is the year to really start i guess. i only been riding for 2 years but last year was great improvment. just wondering if someone could help me out on what i need to know about racing and stuff to prepare for it, im a beginner looking for fun but also competetion. and wondering if there is any races that go on in north carolina, i live really close to salem lake where i do most of my riding and can do about everything out there except the wall and the big drop.

mtbman1127

Monkey
Mar 10, 2008
Raleigh, NC
the short answer is yes...no better way to get out there and learn and progress like racing. its a ton of fun...a good way to start is the Icycle race coming up this weekend ;)

I have never ridden salem lake but it looks fun you should try to go down to clemson one weekend they have a really nice trail and are having a race in march also 26 west should be opening in a few months thats another really good place to ride if you dont mind the drive. Good Luck, last year was my first real season racing and it was great