Quantcast

DH racing:

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
OK, so im going to be doing some racing this season coming up, starting with the race in southridge on nov. 20th. Who else was interested in doing this one? I don't know anything about their divisions, but i will be doing the DH racing though. Anyone know what the track is like? Also, if there are other DH races around the SoCal area, please post about them in here, and if you are going or not.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
its pretty straightforward. bring your pedaling legs as the wall is a bitch. the course is different every race. umm. its not long and its loose and offcamber. its got all the regular classes beginner through pro. most of the guys in the socal forum go to it. ill be there for sure. look for the dude in the yellow and red tnt jersey on a white bb7

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Fontana races are a lot of fun, and they have a really good vibe. It's a perfect place to start racing. While a lot of people tend to complain about the courses, I've never seen one that I didn't like. Some of them can be pretty tame, but put some speed on them, and they're fun. I will be there for sure on 11/20...

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
I'll be there on the 20th aswell as all the winter/spring/summer series races. Fontana is pretty fun, and it's not like we have much else in Socal as far as racing is concerned.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
I know it's not SoCal, but is there any racing at Bootleg? 4-5 hour drive isn't that much farther than BB used to be, better trails too!

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I'll be racing and winning at Fontana on the Nov. 20th! Then I'm gonna go down to the Ensanada Dh race on Nov. 27th, and win that one too!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
bfranke said:
I know it's not SoCal, but is there any racing at Bootleg? 4-5 hour drive isn't that much farther than BB used to be, better trails too!
I did hear a rumor that KHS was going to put on a race series at Bootleg--in November. Not too sure if it is still on, or not.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Alex966 said:
I'll be racing and winning at Fontana on the Nov. 20th! Then I'm gonna go down to the Ensanada Dh race on Nov. 27th, and win that one too!
You're not racing beginner old guy are you? I'd hate to come in second.

Grizzle

Monkey
Sep 7, 2005
La Crescenta, CA
Wow, im glad to see so many people going, more competition :D Ill be riding my Ironhorse yakuza kamichu with a shiver on the front of it, you cant miss it. The whole thing is black and red and it looks sick.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Ciaran said:
You're not racing beginner old guy are you? I'd hate to come in second.
Nope I'm moving up to Sport and racing on my recently aquired Spec Big Hit(Thanx to Manny! We are trading frames). I got a lot faster while I was down at the race in Ensanada this past weekend!

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
I shall be there shooting photos! I was going to race but I bought a new lens and want to try to make some more money! I think I might race a race or 2 at the winter series if I like the course!

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Alex966 said:
Nope I'm moving up to Sport and racing on my recently aquired Spec Big Hit(Thanx to Manny! We are trading frames). I got a lot faster while I was down at the race in Ensanada this past weekend!
Schweet, mang. Movin on up! (to a dee-lux apartment...)

I've never really raced before aside from local races we used to do waaaay back when. (You know the kind... 5 bucks a head, winner take all... watch out for hikers!) So I am really interisted to try it out. It looks like a ton of fun.

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
Alex966 said:
what frame were you on before? is that the guy you were telling me about that just got an 05??