Quantcast

DH Racing

MLight

Chimp
Aug 26, 2005
IS there any DH racing in Minnesota or Wisconsin? If so are there any web sites with info on them?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Despite what most people think not all of the midwest if pancake flat, there are some hills, not the rockies, but some hills you can use.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
There was NORBA at Alpine Valley in Wisconsin, not sure if they run races or riding anymore. I have heard of WORBA, which is the Wisconsin version of NORBA. I think it's fairly XC oriented, but it might be a place to start looking. Hope that helps.

http://www.worba.org/

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
konahucker43 said:
wasnt there a norba national in wisconson? or maybe it was michigan

Way back in the day we use to race in MI in Traverse City, which i way north in MI. If you ever see some old pics of guys launching a big jump over water that would be the XC course. EC even called it a scary jump.

01-02 i think was there was a race in Alpine Valley WI. Fun course...little hill, but it messed some people up.

In the early 90s we race in Indiana, by IU...and there even use to ne a national in GA with a DH

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Ski World? Heck, I'm FROM the land of corn and have never heard of that place! Ha! Are you from the Great Lakes area, or just been all over to race?

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Indiana originally, grew up by chicago...went to IU. Ski world is a dinky little place between bloomington and Nashville, 93 was the year there was a national there, it was a mudfest. Rumor had it some riders pissed off the owner and that was the end pretty much of racing there, they closed to skiing a few years back....think they do an AMA hillclimb at the place still.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Sweet. I'm a Hoosier transplant as well, although I never did much racing back then. I didn't really start riding until 95-96, and then it was always up to Michigan to ride Ft. Custer or Yankee Springs, or down to Southern IN to ride Hickory Ridge. Always wanted to ride at Gnawbone, never got there when there when there wasn't a camp or something though...