Quantcast

DH riding partners HELP!!!

What's up! I'm writing to ya'll from Ohio... :mumble: Oh how I miss the PNW, please rip up some Whistler runs and shore stuff for a fellow DH brotha!

Anyhow, so I heard from my good friend Jacob who I used to ride with there and he finally built up his dream bike. Jacob is a 24/25 year old dude living in Puyallup working at Bike Tech, has been for a few years. He's a real nice guy who now has no one to ride with. Jacob, a guy named Jake who posts up on here, and a few others including myself used to ride Whistler and the surrounding area's alot together only now I'm in good ole flat land USA, Jake busted his ankle or something, and our other bro sold his DH rig for a street rocket.

Why am I telling all you this? Well my bro Jacob just called and is contimplating on giving up riding DH because he has no one to ride with. He's the kind of guy that you'd see up at the I90 trails that we don't mention ripping em up. Last year we were putting together a film for him to send off for sponsorship and all, but stuff came up for me and so I had to move back here. Anyhow, he doesn't have a computer, he's your typical bike mechanic guy who makes peanuts, just enough to get his ride setup for the summer and a lil extra left over for some gas money. He's telling me that he doesn't know any riders in the area to do whistler trips with and so he's thinking about selling his demo 9 he just built. I told him to stop being a beeeeotch and get out there and find someone.

So if you guys are looking to get some gas money, and want a rider who will more than likely push your skills to that next level, give him a call. He's got Wed and thurs. off, and is looking to hitch rides to whistler. He's not a bum, he's a good guy who's just broke, but he pays for the gas, his car is just to crappy to get him there.

Of course on the other side of things, if he doesn't find some riders to roll with soon, his new demo 9 will be up for sale, to date, he's got 2 rides on it. Anyhow, I thought I'd post up for him as I know alot of you cats ride whistler and the surrounding area's. He's not real computer saavy, so I told him I'd post up to see if anyone would be interested in another riding partna. Believe me, you won't be dissapointed, he rips and is pretty humble!

But here's a picture of his ride anyhow, if he can't find riders soon, he's putting it up for sale. I think he's looking to get in the high 3's.

Attachments

Sep 8, 2004
Hey Josh! Hows it goin over there? I replaced the haro with a bighit, but due to breaking my wrist in may, I'm still a few weeks from whistler. When I get closer to going up, it'll probably be in the middle of the week. I get wed/thurs off a lot. He could probably find plenty of people to go to whistler with, at SST. Granted, I haven't been there since may, so I'm not sure how busy it is these days. Lots of new stuff out there though.

Right now I just want to shuttle ranger creek a few times to at least get back on the bike. No snow this time though.

-James

jimbo_the_biker said:
Hey Josh! Hows it goin over there? I replaced the haro with a bighit, but due to breaking my wrist in may, I'm still a few weeks from whistler. When I get closer to going up, it'll probably be in the middle of the week. I get wed/thurs off a lot. He could probably find plenty of people to go to whistler with, at SST. Granted, I haven't been there since may, so I'm not sure how busy it is these days. Lots of new stuff out there though.

Right now I just want to shuttle ranger creek a few times to at least get back on the bike. No snow this time though.

-James
Hey James,
Sorry to hear about the wrist. Ohio's ok...I found a few spots that have some DH stuff, and we are working on a "legal"(finally) Northshore trail. There's tons of urban, and some good dj's so I'm looking forward to learning that as I've strictly been a big bike rider the past few years.

My bro Jacob goes to SST alot, he rides a STP1, he's about 6ft 1" or so, in really good shape and has a Independent like cross tatooed on his arm. He's normally out there dj'n so if you see him give him a holla. If you want, you can send me your number, and I'll tell him your planning on doing whistler trips soon, I just hate to see him give up the big bike as his ability is up there with the best of them.

Good to hear from ya, and have fun out there, rip some stuff up for me, I really miss it!

Josh