Quantcast

DH trails in Asheville NC??

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
I'm going to Asheville this weekend and was curious if anyone knew of any good DH runs. I know of a few aadvanced XC stuff. Any locals thatcan HOLLA on this would be great.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
speed racer said:
I'm going to Asheville this weekend and was curious if anyone knew of any good DH runs. I know of a few aadvanced XC stuff. Any locals thatcan HOLLA on this would be great.

in asheville i would suggest hittin up pilot rock and this other one but i cant remembre what it is. but whatever the name is i like pilot rock alot better than it. oh yeah just rememberd it. bennet gap. they are listed on the little maps you can get of pisgah. atleast the one we had when we went listed em.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Do you have to shuttle or can you park at the top and do the ride and go ride back up. Or is that just too far. I'll probably be by myself.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i live in asheville and something may be in the works for the weekend. shoot me a pm.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
My bad man, I just got on and posted didn't think to go to the DH section. How can I find directions to Bennet Gap? Or Pilot Rock, or Kitzuma

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
speed racer said:
My bad man, I just got on and posted didn't think to go to the DH section. How can I find directions to Bennet Gap? Or Pilot Rock, or Kitzuma
definately not from me. try pming t-pirate. hes there all the time. or find one of the pisgah park buildings and they usually have maps of pisgah and the trails should be listed on the map.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
speed racer said:
You must climb Kitzuma :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

Even if you shuttle out the abandoned Hwy. You still GOTTA climb the switchbacks.

Then it tricks you by going DH for like 2 minutes then another 5 minute climb or so, before the 6 miles of SWEET SWEET single track descents.

Oh I love that trail.

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
You must climb Kitzuma :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu :eviltongu

Even if you shuttle out the abandoned Hwy. You still GOTTA climb the switchbacks.

Then it tricks you by going DH for like 2 minutes then another 5 minute climb or so, before the 6 miles of SWEET SWEET single track descents.

Oh I love that trail.

the best trails i know of around here generally start with a good 6 mile hike to the top, but think about that... 6 miles of nothing but sweet dh :love: ... can u really complain about that