Quantcast

DH trails in the Knox area

the haha

Chimp
Sep 16, 2010
hey
I will be in the Knoxville TN area this weekend and was wondering where some sweet nasty dh trails are?
I've been checking around but havent come across any solid answers on straight up DH trails.
thanks

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
A little place called Windrock!!!! It's maybe 30 mins away. They have some Short and super Easy DH runs!!!! Nah, super Nar place to ride and the locals are always up to show others around. Check out the South Forum!!!

Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
"Some place with Rocks, Roots, and Steep runs, a place where the beer flows from a Can like there is no tomorrow, where Fat Red Neck women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano because of 4 wheelers and camo. I'm talking about a little place called Windrock."

Cecil

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Windrock for sure. Its the best in the southeast, not just the knoxville area. Look up coal creek OHV area for directions and info. Its $17/day for a land use fee. You'll need to make shuttle arrangements in advance as there is often nobody there riding.

the haha

Chimp
Sep 16, 2010
well ended up riding Bigfoot cause the directions I got had me in some dudes backyard without him knowing of any "wind what trail"- Bigfoot is fun but the thorns def made the runs like a frat hazing ordeal. good times thanks for helping a noobie out

the haha

Chimp
Sep 16, 2010
yea they had me on oakridge hwy but i turned off onto some stout road and i swear i was visiting my grandparents pulled around a circle - you are here and i looked around and was like well SH... but cool next time im near there ill have a better means