Quantcast

DH trip to California this winter. Where to ride?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
A few buddies and I are trying to plan a trip from Canada to San Fran to watch the supercross race at the end of Jan. We also want to ride some DH if possible...

Do we stay around the bay area and ride or do we go further south? Where are the best trails?

We're looking for shuttleable trails and will have a truck. Anything remotely close to a beach would be awesome since all the water here will be frozen.

I looked in the regional forums and found most people talking about AM trails.

Thanks,

Rob

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I guess I should say if anyone wants to give me some info they can PM me.

I get that some areas have issues with access and user groups and need to keep there trails under the radar.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Pacifica is a well known spot and the closest real trail to SF. Santa Cruz has some great trails and a couple of okay shuttle-able trails. Both close to the water.

karjim

Chimp
May 19, 2009
I go this year at th end of january and I go to a place that has a trial called
g-spot that was awesome it was very very rocky and there was alot of trials more in the same place and it was located like 1 1/2 hor away from the LA airport

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Do we stay around the bay area and ride or do we go further south? Where are the best trails?

We're looking for shuttleable trails and will have a truck. Anything remotely close to a beach would be awesome since all the water here will be frozen.
Santa Barbara fits the bill. 360 days a year of perfect riding weather, beach, hot college girls/great parties, and world class hike/fireroad/shuttle trails.

Edit: send me a pm if you want to be shown around a little.

Last edited: