Quantcast

DH trips with Wade Simmons - Costa Rica + Switzerland

Big_Mountain

Chimp
Oct 30, 2007
Big Mountain Bike Adventures, a Vancouver based company specializing in epic singletrack trips to spectacular locations such as the Swiss Alps, BC’s Kootenay Rockies, Costa Rica, Morocco, Peru, Italy and South Africa, will be offering two DH trips guided by Wade Simmons. Costa Rica next month: February 24 - March 3 and in Switzerland at the end of the summer: August 16 to Sunday, August 24. Please visit www.ridebig.com for additional details about both trips.

vpfree05

Chimp
May 21, 2006
You will never find the trails that Big Mountain uses in Costa Rica. They are on private land. But i will say that the guy that does all the work and actually does the real guiding for Big Mountain would be very happy to ride with you. They are very good trails. I have been going there for the last two years and just got back in January from two weeks of riding with him. The trails are super steep,rocky and fast. Some of the best riding you could ever have. http://www.CostaRicaMTB.com

vpfree05

Chimp
May 21, 2006
Most of the riding is in San Jose and Cartago province. You should definitely check out the riding with this guy. You will not be disappointed. Its great for training in the off season due to the runs being very long, fast and rough. It works your body and cardio pretty well from the elevation also. The guys name is Paulo and he is one of the nicest ticos i have ever met.

niiice! well thats an excuse for me to fly in to San Jose instead of directly to Liberia...(that 6 hour drive across the country is mandatory for first timers, but after that... nooo way, i came to surf, not fall off the edge of the PanAmerican highway!!!)

man, first time i went down there i was tortured for those 6 hours!!! the mountains are just absoloutley epic or riding!
sounds super cool!