Quantcast

Dh weekend!

trap121

Monkey
May 26, 2011
Went to Timberline last weekend and it was alot of fun, steep and pretty tech. Really helpful people running the place too, cant go wrong. They run the lifts Fri-Sun

mlin32

Chimp
Apr 12, 2012
WNC
They run till 06:00pm on Sat, nice long day of riding. Rode with trap121 last weekend, it's sort of the anti-Snowshoe. Small operation, but many hand-dug trails and never crowded. Don't forget the sunscreen.....

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
Timberline was better than Snowshoe , with no power for 75% of West Virginia starting Friday night till ???? The shuttle bus was slow and broke down Sunday.

milohead

Monkey
Dec 9, 2008
Johnson City, Tn
The trails at Snowshoe are nice but they continue to disappoint with how unprepared they are for everything. I understand they can't control mother nature but to have all you emergency equipment run on electricity then not have fuel for generators (or whatever lame excuses they kept givin) is stupid.
All in all it made for an interesting weekend. Didn't re-break anything so that's good.

Caussiecan

Chimp
Mar 9, 2012
Over the hill.
Having the shuttle bus run from 10:00 am - 4.30 pm sucked. Sunday was a nightmare with a broken down shuttle bus.
Timberline was the highlight of the trip, fast steep natural terrain. JR was a treat as well

Last edited:

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
It could have been worse. A couple years ago I (poorly) planned a trip to snowshoe and got there on a Saturday only to find the trails were closed the whole next week for something or other. That's only happened once out of many years of going but it sucked. Now I always check first before heading up. (duh ) :(

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
It could have been worse. A couple years ago I (poorly) planned a trip to snowshoe and got there on a Saturday only to find the trails were closed the whole next week for something or other. That's only happened once out of many years of going but it sucked. Now I always check first before heading up. (duh ) :(
It was a "freak" storm, Friday at Timberline was blue sky's and then got to SS around 8pm and the storm hit at 9 and then the rest of the weekend was clear and sunny. The storm just knocked out power over 75% of West Virginia - no way to forsee the storm coming.
As bad as it was........I was riding my DH bike for 3 days :weee:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
How much further north of SS was Timerline?

I have a trip planned to SS next month to ride the 6" bike, but I have always wanted to ride Timberline.

Jay13

Chimp
Jul 6, 2008
Orlando
It was a "freak" storm, Friday at Timberline was blue sky's and then got to SS around 8pm and the storm hit at 9 and then the rest of the weekend was clear and sunny. The storm just knocked out power over 75% of West Virginia - no way to forsee the storm coming.
As bad as it was........I was riding my DH bike for 3 days :weee:
WV is known for those. At least you got some riding in.

clealan

Monkey
Mar 9, 2008
Fairview NC
Profro, it's 85 miles from Snowshoe to Timberline. It is a much better drive than 219 south to Lewisburg though. I believe you would like it there, think Plattekill lite. One of the things JR said is "there will never be a machine on these trails".