Quantcast

DH World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia. LIVE THREAD

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Here we go, it's about that time. Flights out in the morning!
please be sure to measure everyone's head angle, and take pics of all the carbon bikes that spontaneously explode from looking at them... that's what the majority of the folks on this board only seem to care about. And be sure to tell all the fast guys with bikes over 40 pounds that they should consult this meeage board in order to put their bikes on a diet :rant:

the small percentage of us that love racing are PUMPED though :thumb:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Do all of that and also tell Bryceland to win a race this year!

fro biker

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
in the sticks
what do the new skin suits look like? i heard the track is wicked fast, so people probably want so cut down on drag right? i bet everyone will be riding really wide bars, like 35 inches too, with all the corners and big bumps!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
So with my math, 14:00 CET is 6am Mountain/US. Anyone want to double check that?

Could be a very nice morning....if it all works! I'm stoked!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
When you pay for it, this is what Freecaster tells you in their email:

Thank you for purchasing your access to the "UCI MTB World Cup DHI 1: Maribor" video!

Should you encounter any problem viewing the video, we have generated a code for you that you can use to watch it again:

CODE12345 (not a real code so don't try it, suckah)

To use that code, click on "Unlock Content" in the video player, then enter the code in the "Use a code" form.
This code is valid for that video and for your personal use only. It is not limited in time.

If you have any problem or question please email us at support@freecaster.com

Enjoy!

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
how much is the fee, and where do you go to set up payment? once on freecaster.tv where do you navigate to?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Any pictures of Strait or Delfs on the new Pivot DH Bike? :shocked:
I'll be shooting all of the pivot team stuff, so look for some shots early this week. Word is that it will probably be a wet race day, but may be some sunny bits before then. First maribor in the wet in a long time I believe! The rocks will be interesting.

Last edited:

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
All this talk about first time wet conditions in Maribor...

Wasn't it pissing and muddy as hell there for qualifying last year?
Dried out come Sunday, Barel stuck to the spikes and laid the smack down?

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
Dear Freecaster,

If you are reading this, just want to say that the sign up and payment for the WC broadcast was easy peasy.

And while I was there I watched the replay of the top 5 from last years Maribor race. Nice way to get some stoke going for sure.

If the broadcast is good, then I think the $2.60AUD is damn reasonable. it would cost me twice that to go and rent Dirty Dancing.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
I have some spare change in my Paypal account so I decided to go that route. Very easy to pay and now im stoked to be watching the race!

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I will pay... we will see if the feed holds.

Unfortunately if the feed is as hit and miss as years past, this could sink freecaster. I would really miss live video coverage. Like really really.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
bring your spikes and some fresh jerseys - it will be muddy:D

in reality weather in Austia (and Slovenia) changes a lot and the weather guys cannot predict seriously for more than 3 days, so there is still a chance for sun on Saturday and Sunday