Quantcast

DH World Cup #1 - Maribor, Slovenia. LIVE THREAD

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
big set up in 2010 - the trucks are comimg back to the WC:)

and I predict that Nick Beer will make at least one podium this year
Yeah, the Scott setup is something like 17 meters long. Can you imagine driving that thing around on the small Euro mountain roads?

That would be sweet but he is coming off a broken wrist so we'll see how it goes.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Here's a few more 'spy' photos of the Pivot for you all:

damn, that's a complex shock cage. but damn, does it ever look nice! I bet that shock won't see any mud. ever! I wonder how it will ride compared to the Sunday and DHR... Pivot's a solid company, good to see them in the DH game.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
for all you peeps doubting carbon, here is something to think about (poached from Kathy Sessler's album):

*more supporting evidence to doubt it. :)

Last edited:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Am i the only one person who thinks there should be something better than ISCG tabs at this point in time....?...:imstupid:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
that's not the point. they cost a hell of a lot and don't save a lot of weight. but that's just my opinion.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Brendan has become my favorite rider to watch... such a unique style, and always flat out. Schladming last year was the most out of hand riding I have ever seen. Hoping to see some more of that this season.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
This is as close to a non riding shot of the new Specialized you will get. It's under lockdown in the Monster fortress of solitude.

thats a sweet photo fraser... why all the secrecy though? it's not is if they aren't riding it around at the biggest event of the year thus far?

custom Vivid to match up to the swingarm, and looks to have huge standover clearance in the shot below.

click to make big

Last edited:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Same set-up they ran all last year, probably because those guys run bb heights even lower than stock. Not sure just how low, but certainly unrideable by RM standards and definitely not designed for east coast rocks.
what if it had avalanche suspension and was root beer in color?