Quantcast

Dh worthy cranks

rbx

Monkey
I have no idea about wich crankset to get, looking for something made purely for dh racing (no hucking cromoly anchor type crankset)

What i have found
-Bonz(leans towards freeride??)
-Truvativ
-Fsa
-Race Face diaboulus

Anyways any suggestions would help alot

p.s i weight 190 lbs if that helps

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
well profiles are in the same weight range as the diabloulus ones... get a ti spindle and they are lighter.

you top of the line ones though would be Middleburn. light strong. also really good chain line. cheapest would be the Truvativ, the husselfelZers. strong and stiff

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
middleburns are a awesome crank and now i wont use anything else for dh,also there warrenty is second to none

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have never had a problem with fsa cranks. i weight 240 on a light day and rode fr hardtail for over a year and no problems

i used v-drive extreams and a platium pro bb (actually the xc version)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i run a raceface sig ISIS series for my middle burn. i like it cause i can flip flop the hub for better chain adjust

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
As long as you have a decent BB, there's not too much to worry about. I ride older style XTs on my DH bike with no problems. I think people are under the illusion they need more metal on the cranks than they really do.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
deity cromos with ti spindle. super easy instalation and bombproof. lighter than saint and i believe hone. these cranks have such tight tolerances, they havnt come loose once this season on 3 different bikes

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
what about hone they are light very strong-lighter than the sait but almost identical

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
hones cheaper lighter and they have the same design just not as strong suposily, but no one has had problems with it i am just guessing it wouldn't be able to handle extrm freeride as nicely as the saint, bu you are looking for dh cranks