Quantcast

DH/XC Relay Race at The TTC Gravity Park

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
I stumbled across this video and think it would be a really cool event to put on at the TTC Gravity Park! We would do it during the day and would obviously have to shuttle for dh, but other than that we could do it basically the same.

Would you guys be interested in an event like this?

I'm still working on the details, but I think it would be best untimed, and the winners would be the team with the most laps in the allotted overall time, (using a tie breaker of some kind if needed).

Post up and weigh in! :thumb: Feel free to let me know both the positive and the negatives that you see too. Thanks!

Oh, one more thing; if we did this, how long do you think the race should be? I'm thinking 3 or 4 hours, maybe more? Thoughts? Ideas?

-Tryon

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
BTW, this wouldn't replace any of the regular dh races at the TTC, just add a fresh event.

Last edited:

danennis

Chimp
Aug 29, 2009
brevard
this sounds really cool, keep us informed. i mentioned it to the xc guys at the shop and everyone seems really interested in this. we we thinking maybe teams of 4? two dh guys, two xc guys. 3 hours sounds good and i think it'd have to be timed cuase people would be staying in the same lap with each other.

TryFour

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Good thoughts! I'll keep working on the details and see what we can figure out. Timing would be super easy if we did everything with chips, but nearly impossible without, (haha, and chip timing equipment isn't in the budget right this second!)

Thanks, and keep the ideas coming!