Quantcast

DH Zombie injury status

Sep 30, 2004
Arlington VA
DH Zombie was the rider who broke his neck on the doubles Fri.He suffered a shattered C1 vertebrae.The good news is it won't require surgery,but 3 months in a collar.He's checking out
of the hospital tommorow!Thanks to the Snowshoe
medical crew for knowing exactly what to do to prevent further injury.DH Zombie thanks everyone
for their concerns!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Damn dude, I knew it was him. I found out later that Saturday....:(

Heal well man! We're here praying and sending good vibes your way DHZombie! :thumb: Glad to here it was not as serious as was originally thought.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
From what I understand, he ended up casing the doubles towards the end of the course. How exactly I don't know.

FYI, my wife is a PT and stated that you either end up paralyzed or :dead: fracturing the C2. So, DHZombie! Cheers, look forward to riding with you next season.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
Thank you everyone for all of your best wishes and concern.

I was released from the hospital last Thursday. As was stated in the initial post, I have a broken C1 vertebrae. This is the same type of injury that Christpher Reeve experienced in his horseback riding accident. I was informed that the logical results of this type of injury are normally either quadraplegia or death. I am EXTREMELY LUCKY to not have had either of these two results from my accident. If it were not for the quick actions of the Snowshoe medical personnel, I would probably not be writing this e-mail.

THANK YOU FOR MY LIFE !!!!!!!

I am getting a little tired now, but I will try to post periodic updates to let everyone know how things are progressing with my recovery.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Stay safe !!!

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
:happydance: Exellent to hear that your injury is not as serious as it could have been!!!! I hope you make a full recovery.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Fvckin' doubles...I broke more parts and took more diggers on those than everything else combined, so I finally stopped trying them. I earned three fractured vertabrae doing big staircase drops, but they were only in my lower back and so now, I no longer do those, either. Heal up, man, and best wishes for a full and complete recovery.