Quantcast

Dhgh

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
Recently I did a trade with DHGH. I traded my 03 Santa Cruz Bullit and Arrow rear rim laced to an XT hub for his Cortina DHE-8 with rear Mavic 321 rim laced to a Ringle hub. We went through shops to make sure there was no scams. Making sure that the frames got boxed up all nice and that the frames were infact being shiped out. Everything went well untill today. I got the frame on Monday the 31st of January and today (wednsday the 2nd of Feb.) I took it into my LBS (Go-Ride.com's store) to get it built up. They were looking over it and found a large crack in the weld under the head tube, one on the weld of the gusset on the top tube, and one in the swing arm. I called him up and asked him if he would like to either A. Re-Trade bikes (he complained of my bike being in poor condition aswell so i figured he wouldnt have a problem) or B. Pay to have the bike sent back to Cortina at the price of about $650 USD to get the swing arm repaired and the front end completly replaced. He denied both options and said "thats too bad, its the way buying used equipment goes" I am 100% aware of the risks taken when buying/trading over the internet but he was so adament about getting everything perfect so no one is screwed over in the end. I figured he'd try to be helpful. Boy was I wrong. Anyway he told me that he had Cortina go over the frame and service it. He also said the frame had'nt been ridden since it got serviced. The frames pivots were dirty and they looked like they hadnt been touched by Cortina in a very long time. My LBS called Cortina Cycles and talked to them and they said they knew who the guy was. They said that they went over the frame..... over a year ago. Im really upset about this whole thing because I was really excited to get my new bike and start riding it. Ive wanted a Cortina for a long time and when i got one it was broken. Please if you buy used equipment dont buy it from him. He is selling a fork in the buy and sell. Dont get screwed like i did. I'd hate to see it happen to an other Monkey.
Here are some links to him.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107488
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/member.php?u=8755

Be careful!
Taylor

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Just curious, where does this asshat live? I hate it when people say things like "thats too bad, its the way buying used equipment goes", just because your selling something used doesn't give you the damn right to lie about the product condition.

jth

Chimp
Jan 31, 2005
CA
That sucks!
I was about to pay $700 for a used frame for my girlfriend, and your story scared heck of me!!! Man, tell us where he lives. Who knows? Somebody knows him in person and might speak for you.