Quantcast

Dhin At Skyline Drive

D

dirtyjrzy1031

Want 2 Know If Anyone Interested Goin Dh At Skyline-drive Hear They Have A A Couple Of Cool Shuttle Runs.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
lots of hiking trails really, nothing to exciting almost like riding down a boring version of lower brakeout.... few little things here and there but nothing that isnt on every mountain.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
I'm gonna' start in about 2 weeks when my bike is done.

The joint is ok, nothing special really, except it's pretty much the only game in town when the lifts are closed & ya gotta' train somewhere.

Hit me up in a couple weeks & I'll do some runs with ya.

Sep 23, 2007
that sh!@T looks ghetto! especially that plywood landing...

have fun with that, keep your cell in your pocket for when you need to call 911.

that one drop doesn't look so bad, what is the run in like? looks like you need a little speed to clear all those rocks...

Sep 23, 2007
ghetto or not, I would be game for doing some runs with who ever knows the trails.

I also will nominate AztoJrse to come ride with us as well. post up when your going, we shall join you.

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
yea pink shirts right last time i hit that trail was last fall the ghetto ply wood one is suicide only one guy has done it http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/145085/ he landed fine but its not safe any more as for the other drop its fine bet the landings pretty narrow i havent hit either but look at them closely and the one with the dirt landing should be fine theres also this http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/658310/ along with some brand new wood stuff as of last fall im not tellin the exact location because the guys who made the trail like to keep it supper secret but if ready to hike PM and i be happy to ride up there

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
no thats only the hiking trails it really depends were u are around there though some of the trails (like the one o get to the bottom parkin lot) arent even supost to be ridden there strictly hiking trails but thers plenty to ride were people dont hike

mklie

Monkey
May 25, 2007
I know where Skyline drive is in Ringwood. Can someone please share where to park and how to get to these trails. Thanks for your information.

The303Kid

Monkey
Aug 5, 2007
Bergen County
the best place to park its at the top parking lot of skyline drive (before the smokey the bear sighn on the left side of the street.
PM me if u want the were abouts of the trail with all the drops i dont wanna give away the location.

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
I don't know about you guys but I am gonna wait till Diablo opens.I like the lift service way to much ,sounds like that place needs some repair and new wood. Besides 70 degrees sounds like alot more fun than 30 degrees the grounds softer when its warmer. HAVE FUN DIRTYJRZY

adarmiento

Monkey
Mar 15, 2007
You and me both just looking at cold weather makes me bitchy.
I can't stand my limbs going numb especially my fingers. I love the feeling of sweat running down my forehead with a cold bottle of gatorade to slug down to cool me off, instead of peeling my fingers off the handle bars and my sweat turning into icecubes on my eyelids.See you in the summer!

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
seriously girls you sound like winey b!tches lol. just get out there and ride. ive been out on (a) bike every weekend so far.

o btw did i mention ill be in cali next week ridin in 70 degree weather??? suckasss

AtomikMan

Chimp
Nov 12, 2007
United States of America
Skyline sucks, don't go there, ever. The trails are boring, and the drops are small. You won't like it, you'll get lost in the woods, you'll get three flats and have to push your 42 lb bike three miles uphill to the parking lot only to find out your car got towed and your cell phone died.

(This has been a friendly public service announcement from the partnership to keep Skyline locals only.)

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
seriously girls you sound like winey b!tches lol. just get out there and ride. ive been out on (a) bike every weekend so far.

o btw did i mention ill be in cali next week ridin in 70 degree weather??? suckasss

I have to aggree somewhat with the "girls" in here. I have ridden everyday since winter started complete with balaclava, three layers of clothes and heavy gloves, but the other morning I found myself about 2 miles out in the woods and the wrong gloves (couldn't find my winter gloves and was late for leaving to get to work on time) Well needless to say if anyone has ever been in this postition you will know what I was going through, i was putting my hands backwards in the gloves (air holes on top side), pulling my fingers into the center of the gloves and riding with knuckes, and bitching all the way, needless to say I got to work, pulled the gloves off and my fingers were dark red, almost a purple tint and it took nearly an hour before I could feel them, and when the feeling came back and I started to be able to use them damn they hurt. I haven't hit the woods since on my morning ride into work, I'll wait till it warms up 20 degrees. But I'm looking forward to Diablo opening and shuttle runs at the local spots, and man I wanna hit some dirt jumps so bad I can taste them.