Quantcast

DHR Shock Choice

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Getting ready to order my new DW-Link DHR and am torn about what shock to get. Even though I'm a fairly light rider I still want to go with a coil. I have heard the X-Fusion feels really nice in this frame but don't have much experience with them, so it's either that, DHX or a CCDB. Anyone have experience with any of these choices in this frame?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Between the CCDB and the RC4 I liked the RC4 better. I felt it offered more support in corners but it was a bit rougher in the rocks but I still felt faster on the RC4.
[:spam:]I'm selling a LG DHR in excellent condition in the classifieds here.[/:spam:]
:D

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Prefer my CCDB coil vs the RC4. RC4 felt ok but less composed on loose rock or chattery sections. Had a bit more pop off jumps if that's important to you.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
no interest in riding rock shox, call me bias, i want a shock i can ride for the season, without a rebuild. Seems like the RC4 ramps up a lot which may not be desirable?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
no interest in riding rock shox, call me bias, i want a shock i can ride for the season, without a rebuild. Seems like the RC4 ramps up a lot which may not be desirable?
Yeah I guess that wouldn't work then. I'm on my third season on my vivid without a rebuild and it still works great.

If you want one to just last one season......I don't know......suntour make anything?

And yeah the RC4 definitely ramps. It's a little much on a frame that does the same. That's why I took mine off.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
like i said, it's a bias. their shocks may be better than their forks but I have never seen a boxxer that was ridden all summer not be pissing oil by july/august...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Man, I must have gotten ALL the good rockshox one-offs!

I've had two boxxers once they got bigger stanchions and I've never had a seal start leaking.

Maybe it's a mud thing. That's the one realm that's pretty short lived where I usually ride.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Yeah, I should be getting one on the DHR I'm ordering soon. Unless I'm getting scammed....

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
i'm leaning towards the xfusion right now and you might have just happened to get all the good r.s stuff but i've seen leaking seals, worn stanchions, etc not saying they're incapable of producing quality, i get that they're the most ridden fork but just not my weapon of choice